Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[OOC] Best shard for roleplaying?

- - - - - ooc roleplaying shard

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Curious as to everyone's opinion here - What North American (No offense to European or Asian shards - just a time zone issue) shard would you consider the best for roleplaying? Not in the most numerous, but quality wise, types of RPers there, etc.

Please don't treat this as a poll and just name a shard, I want to know why you would think the shard would be preferable over others if possible. The RP aspect is what drew me to UO in the first place, and since I just reactivated my account, I thought I'd like to give it a go again.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
While I played Napa, there wasn't a huge rp society. It would depend on the guild. One guild I was involved in was heavily into rp, and we warred with some others who did the same. For example, one guild we warred with were orcs, and another one drows. We even had a few troll enemies... which were hard to deal with if you happened to want across a bridge.

I quit for a while, then went back. Now I couldn't really find any rp-ers, and am looking at switching to a different shard myself. I just get tired of the 'joo noob' speak.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
You already know my answer, Jhaelyrr. While a smaller community.. Siege has had numerous really big and really fun RP events take place this year. Most of them lasting as long as a month. A War, a forbidden marriage which led up to one of Siege's largest weddings and subsequently the largest battle, in a very long time. Its been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing more cause it isn't just about a guild or two rp'n with each other... the whole shard gets involved. :)

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Hm. I have a char on SP, but haven't had a chance to play her much. She is still pretty newb. Maybe I will pop over and say hi.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
I'm going to have to go for Siege. Although, I agree with Adri and it depends on the guild.

But I've had the best RP experience on Siege.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I haven't played Siege in quite some time but for RP you usually can find the most fun being had there.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Catskills!
Just need to go to Fel for the most part for it.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

You already know my answer, Jhaelyrr. While a smaller community.. Siege has had numerous really big and really fun RP events take place this year. Most of them lasting as long as a month. A War, a forbidden marriage which led up to one of Siege's largest weddings and subsequently the largest battle, in a very long time. Its been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing more cause it isn't just about a guild or two rp'n with each other... the whole shard gets involved. :)

One of the reasons I left before was because Siege was almost always empty :/ There's too few people there, and now with even more land around, even less people to interact with. I'll probably still pop on there and break out the ol' thief again at some point, but I hated logging in and not finding anyone except a stray crafter guy collecting BODs :(

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Out of curiosity, how many of us have a char on Siege?

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
I had three before I quit. One of the bestest thieves evah, a tailor / tank, and a fisherman / mage (FCB Cap'n).

Posted Image

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Out of curiosity, how many of us have a char on Siege?

I have one..not GM or anything..only half trained. But I do enjoy popping in to events there when I have time. Hopefully I get some time soon to start playing her again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
The PBD issue was still hot when you left, I believe. That's been resolved and everyone has a PBD now which is activated by a context menu and alot of things were designated unblessable. As a result, there was a pretty big surge of newcomers to the shard. Of course its still a smaller population than the production shards and with the exception of the notos in Luna people still don't hang out in towns. Dave of SP! just returned recently. And we've had at least 3 new thieves make a sudden appearance as well and seem to be doing quite well. I'd say login during primetime or one of the weekly events.. for example tonite in the Shire.

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I play sonoma and sadly it used to have some good rp guilds but now I dont know of anyone that actually rps but me and a few of my guildmembers.

I will have to agree on seige and if the group here would put together a rp guild I would make a couple of chars to play

Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I will have to agree on seige and if the group here would put together a rp guild I would make a couple of chars to play

The alliance I'm in is currently made up of RP guilds. There are a few other guilds on Siege that RP ranging from Light to Heavy RP.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Dragon you should make a character and come hang out some night...like story night or something. Maybe I'll even get off my butt and go lol

You can see what kind of goes on. I'm no in a guild...but I know quite a few people on SP and interact with Spyder and Kat and their guild mostly...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

I'd show up too. Whenever I was around before, I hardly ever saw anyone. Got tired of playing alone so just basically forgot about it.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

.... if the group here would put together a rp guild I would make a couple of chars to play

I never thought about that before..but then again I never explored who here was interested in RP. Might be interesting, depending on what you'd want to RP...peaks my interest anyway.

I may hang out with vampires on Siege, but I'm surely not ready to become one :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Heh.. we're an Equal Opportunity bunch.. actually, we haven't recruited or even started to til recently. One thing to keep in mind.. we don't play PK Vampires like those of VmP on Siege (and other shards).. we're not griefers. We're roleplayers.. there's a deep storyline behind why Kat and I broke off from VmP and are able to interact and even contribute to the community.

On the other side of the coin.. we're both very active in PvP.. and participate in any war that takes place.. we may be more of a hinder than a help.. but, we enjoy the fun none the less!

With that said.. anyone who wants to come hang with us on Siege. just send a note and we'll meet you in game. With the exception of Severina who you all know from here.. we're the only Vampires in the Alliance... so its not like you have to bend your neck as soon as you log in. :P

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I really wish they would make a rp shard....

I tried finding a good one but in the end went back to Sonoma and thats only because of my old guildmates, I missed them more then I missed the actual game.

Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
They can create an "RP" shard, Dragon.. but common.. People will rush there for the good home/vendor locations in droves. How do you police who is RP'n and who is not? It'll just be another production shards like the others. That's a good idea.. just not a realistic one unfortunately. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ooc, roleplaying, shard