Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Reading glasses and "balance" issue rant

- - - - - balance glasses issue rant reading

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I was looking over the various reading glasses, and stats versus difficulty to obtain. SInce all require the same amount of points, difficulty IMO is based on how hard the resources are to gather, or cost.

For the comparison, I was looking at JC's UOguide site (love that chart JC!)(wish I knew how to put the page in here instead of a link)
http://www.uoguide.com/Reading_Glasses
For obtaining the glasses
http://www.uoguide.c...rary_Collection

Now, my rant.
From the flavor of the names, one is given the impression that the glasses awarded will somehow complement that skill group.
So what the heck do MOST bards need HLD for? 90% of bards are tamers, or are mages.
Reflect Phyiscal. Okay, the main strategy for barding is to NOT GET HIT. Why do we need reflect?

Why do necro glasses not get ANY resists? How do you justify that against mace and shield? Or folding steel? Come ON!!!! Necroes / Mages must not need resists i guess?

They shoulda oughta given them all the same amount of total resists, and just remixed the balances.

The only way to get tmaps is off monsters, hag quest, or khaldun puzzle boxes. On a drop rate of 1 per 100 average. Unless you camp Miasma 24*7.
How many level 5 monsters must you kill to get 800,000 points? Somewhere around 4.75 million (800k/17pts*100). (edit) With time factored in, a good hunter (disco or peace tamer / pally) can kill a lvl 5 monster (blood ele used as a ref) in about 20 second average (vary by template).
If you were to do NOTHING but farm bloods, it would take 3 years to acquire this many maps..

YOu CAN use previosly completed maps, but truthfully, how many people kept ALL the maps they ever completed? I kept my first one of each map, but the rest I trashed when the hunt was done. I bet everyone else did the same. At most, my uncompleted maps numbered about 100 at any one time.

This (edit) IS the HARDEST hardest pair of glasses to get. And what is your reward? 50 resists, 10 stats, and 5 hp, and 15 SDI. For the effort to obtain, these should have 90 resists, LMC 20, LRC 40, and LP/Ccarto +50. Or something truly awesome.

In comparison, of the trades glasses give you the same resists (50) and +20 to stats!!!!!! And you can use almost any resource to obtain these.

Time was, when Marties were first introduced, that the dev (namely Leurocian) polled the population to detect balance issues. We caught the fact that night's kiss dagger was orignally 100% poison. Since many of the Lvl 4 or greater monsters are immune to poison, this was bad. Leurocian took our input and made it 100% physical. It was also due to player input that the pirate hat was given random weapon bonus. Orignally it was fencing and swords.

Where was input on this mess? Admittedly, some of the glasses are really uber, but why waste time coding useless items?
(edit) Maybe I should include this in the upcoming interview questions as well.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Many a thunter wonders the same thing :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
The only nice thing about the T-Map Glasses is that you can trade in Maps taht you already dug up. So you got the loot and some points toward a reward.

I think that most of the Collection items are a bit off. The Museum should take more items than just wood and the Library Collections that dont take resources should give *ALOT* more points per item. Crafting a buh-gillion bucklers and handing them in is simply time consuming, not difficult and an excuse that people use to justify scripting...

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I am trying to get the mace and shield glasses to donate to the guild. I love those glasses but they are so time consuming to get.
Posted Image

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
i think the mace and shield are the best of the group

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I think so too but you only get 9 pts for turning in bucker's or axes.
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Has anyone tried to get those fisherman glasses? Why can't we donate those boots, sandals, shoes that we fish up. And those small fishes too.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Has anyone tried to get those fisherman glasses? Why can't we donate those boots, sandals, shoes that we fish up. And those small fishes too.

Wow Ally, overlooked those. Nice add to the rant!!! Heat up those flames!!!

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Hehe I'm still training up my fisher that's why I thought I'd check if they have glasses for them too.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I don't think there could be enough ranting to do anything about this.

Sorry Baldguy, but your beating on an empty parcel of land as this horse has been long dead and decayed.

On a side note, I've noticed you have a LOT of catching up to do.

I'd suggest reading lots of stuff located at www.uostuff.com, or the Mondain's Legacy forum portion in uo.stratics.com, actually it'd be a ton of reading over there.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
[quote name='DiP'] Srry Baldguy, but your beating on an empty parcel of land as this horse has been long dead and decayed.[QUOTE]:laugh:

I do a ton of reading and research, if I can find the resources. Thanks a ton for the links DiP!

Useful links

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, glasses, issue, rant, reading