Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

macros

- - - - - macros

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
im using 3d display in uo how do i set up and use macros , and for a paladin what is the best to macro

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Thats a tough one kingtony. Not many play 3d. I will try to remember to log into 3d tonight and look around.

As far as macros. I would recommend: Band aid self (assuming you have healing) , Band aid (for xhealing) , close wound (target self), close wound (for xhealing) , Consecrate Weapon, Enemy of One, Divine Fury, Cleanse by Fire, Remove Curse, Holy Light, Primary Ability and Secondary Ability. I think that covers my main macros.

Good luck and enjoy your paladin :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i would really appreciate i open the macros screen and have no clue how to use or best keys to use..thanks a million

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Altough I play 3D I can't be of much help on UO macros. I use the in-game macros for pretty much speaking only. I use UOAssist for arming, disarming, dressing, filling my water pitchers (solen quest), bandaging, healing, casting various chivalry spells etc...

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Please remember this is with just a few minutes of poking around :-/ .

I'm guessing you know to go to options, then macros. Click the add button on the bottom. Then starting from the top. Choose a key (for now I would recommend using "Fkeys"). If you want to combine it with alt, cntrl, shift, or any combo click the button(s) above the key. Then go to the box that is on the left side. You can scroll down it. Depending on which one you choose will determine what you do next. For an illustration: Hit the add button. Lets pick F1 and cntrl. Then scroll down the list until you come to "Primary Ability". Then hit "apply". Now when ever you hit cntrl F1 you will activate the primary ability of your equipped weapon. Second illustration: Hit the add button. Pick F3 and alt . Then scroll down the list to "cast spell". The box just to the right will now list all the spells. Scroll down it until you find "close wounds". At this point you could stop and hit apply. Anytime you hit alt F3 you will have a cursor. You could then target yourself or someone near by. For this illustration we will take it a little further. Go to the box below cast spell. Scroll down until you see "wait for "cursor" (I think that is what is says). Highlight it. Then go to the box below it. Scroll down again until you find "target self". Hit apply. Now when ever you hit alt F3. You will heal your self.

As to what to assign to which keys. That is entirely up to you. I like to seperate my healing/curing keys from my attack/damaging ones. That way I hopefully don't hit the wrong macro. Might take a few minutes and decide what all you want to macro. Then decide what keys you want to use and go from there.

Hope this is of some help :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
you are such a big help i will try this tonight when i finish work thanks for your help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macros