Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Estimated Time To Gain Skills?

- - - - - estimated gain skills time

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Eric Fireforge

Eric Fireforge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
What would be a good guess on time to GM the following skills?

Melee/Archery
Casting Skills (Magery, Spell Weaving, Necro, Chivalry)
Tactics
Parry
Resist
Meditation/Focus
Bushido

Lumberjacking (this one is big for me since there were never colored wood or cool craftable bows when I played)

Still trying to decide if it pays for me to xfer other characters to Lake Austin.

If I'm looking at being able to get any of those skills to GM in a week or less (2-3 hours a night and 7-8 hours on Sat/Sun) then transferring wouldn't even be considered.

I plan to invest in a meddable LRC suit and a boat for 8x8 if it's considered legal.

Is sparring golems, pets, and fighters in Jhelom pits considered legal also?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
8x8 was taken out a long time ago
Yes, you can spare with golems and fighers in Jhelom.

I hit 115 archery using a golem, I think it's the quickest but very boring. (Need at least 80 skill to gain off golems)
Posted Image

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Eric i can hook u up with the meddable lrc suit, resists blow so would really only be good for training but ur welcome to it. :) I gm'ed jacking in less than a week a couple hours a day was very boring so I worked carp at same time. I would say it was definitely nice having transfer tokens already available but gaining most crafting skills was pretty quick and easy up to gm. Poisoning and tinkering are prolly the slowest of the bunch.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Something you can think about doing as well Eric, if you go to your local EB Games and find an 8th age box, you get both a transfer token and a advanced charcter token. If you did that for your four accounts (I believe thats how many you said you had) Then you would have 4 transfer tokens. Hope that helps

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eric Fireforge

Eric Fireforge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
OMG.. I just paid $29.99 x2 for 2 Mondains Legacy upgrades on my 2 main accounts and all I got were some lousy emails with update codes.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Darn man, if you had gotten the 9th age, which is 19.99, you would have gotten Mondains Legacy for cheaper. Sorry, if I had known I would have warned yah.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
For jacking
80~100 swords, then lock it. Set jacking to increase.

If you start with 50 swords, and we can get you two +15 jewels, then you can start working jacking on day one. In that case, you would increase swords until GM. Remove 1 jewel at 100 swords (take you back to 85) Remove second jewel at 100 again. You can do this with lower skill jewels so your actual skill is at 100 all the time (hit more, gain more).

Get as much HCI as possible on jewels.
100% poison axe or hatchet, preferably with hit lower defense

Fight golem to GM jack.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Eric Fireforge

Eric Fireforge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Another LJ question then. Do you think it's better to have LJ on a crafter with carpentry, or on an Axe Fighter and just give the crafter the logs instead of boards?

My wife used to play an axe fighter and really enjoyed it.

I listed her old template below if the fighter sounds good and logs vs boards wouldn't be an issue:

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Lumberjack
Archery
Resist

We never played when Bushido was around, so didn't have parry. If the critter hit too hard, she would drop back and use a bow to soften it up. We usually played together too, so either we were cross healing or I was keeping her healed with my tamers magery when needed.

Does that look good, or could someone suggest a more updated axefighter template?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Well I have one like that. It works good. Not the best for PvP but will do great in PvM. I would drop archery for chivalry.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I always kept the crafter as a crafter (see template threads). Can make a gatherer (mining, LJ), that is also a semi-funtional PvM template. Won;t be dropping Balrons, but still fun.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Since they took 8x8 out, Spellweaving takes FOREVER to gm. But, with other skills like that....go to the Twisted Weald and attack a satyr. Get it to discord you, then invis to break aggro. Make sure keep the satyr nearby so the discord stays, and start working your skills. Discord lowers all your skills so you can gain faster. And with magery, get a spell channeling, negative mage skill wand, AND get discorded, and your magery will FLY up.

Kylana
Posted Image

Eric Fireforge

Eric Fireforge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Looks like I have lots of new tricks to learn. I spent about 2 hours last night customizing a house only to hit confim or whatever and house not saved due to invalid floor or something.

Then this morning log in for a few before work and start wandering around Malas a little. See a crystal elemental and say cool.. Wonder what this does. Two ebolts and a couple of hits later I'm seeing monchrome. I also learned there are no wandering healers in Malas :)

Good Ole UO :)

Think I'll be playing quite a bit tonight and this weekend working on skilling up so I can stop collecting death robes. I remember going weeks without dieing when I used to play, now I can't seem to go 30 minutes without looking for a healer.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Thirty minutes is good :) . There are times I still hope to make thirty minutes!

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: estimated, gain, skills, time