Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vendor in house crate - how to move him back?

- - - - - back crate house move vendor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I have a vendor that moved to my house crate because I didn't feed him enough gold. (Had to work late all week, no UO for me... booooo). I dropped gold on his head in my crate, and now he has enough gold.

How do I make him get out of the crate? I can't pick him up, and the menus don't seem to have any option to return the vendor. Thanks!

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Go to the location where you would like your vendor to be ... click once on yourself ...
in the drop down menu click on 'get vendor' command ... and it should appear :)

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
ty! the one thing i didn't try clicking on... myself :) hehe

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Hmmm... tried today and I don't have a "get vendor" command. Does it matter that this is a vendor in a house that I own (not a rental)?

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
That is crazy! I never knew they'd go into your moving crate. I always though they blew up!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
You have to get another vender deed and place it and feed it gold then move your stuff from the vender in the crate to the new vender. That is the only way I have been able to get it when I forget to feed them gold.
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Ok lets try this ... click the house sign once ... see if there is a menu that says ... reclaim vendor inventory (or something like that) ... if so the click the arrow for that vendor ... the inventory items & gold will go in your backpack (and if that is full then it will go in bank) and if still not enough room it will remain in the crate with the rest of the inventory until you make room in your pack/bank - so make room in pack and repeat with house sign click once .. "get vendor inventory" until all items are gone and the vendor should disappear ... then you would have to set up a new vendor ... and if not try the following ..

I went into customized mode, made a minor change, committed it, and when i come out of customized and go on the porch I get a window that says ... This house has been customized recently, and vendors that work out of this house have been temporarily relocated. You must now put your vendors back to work. To do this, walk to a location inside the house where you wish to station your vendor, then activate the context-sensitive menu on your avatar and select "Get Vendor."

So I click ok ... then i click on myself once and the drop down menu shows Get Vendor (it is 2nd on the list) ... i click it and another box comes up (Reclaim Vendor) and gives a list of the vendor(s) name I click the one I want and yepper there she is right where I wanted her :)

Hummmmm .... not sure what is going on with yours. You own home .. the vendor you placed was not a rental ....

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
never had anything like this happen to me

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
OK... my house sign (when single clicked) had an option to reclaim the vendor's inventory. I did that.

I couldn't find any way to put the vendor back up. (I had thought there was a way?) It did let me feed the vendor more gold when it was in the moving crate, but I couldn't find any way to move that vendor from the crate back into service.

Oh well! At least I got my stuff back :) I'll place a new vendor.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, crate, house, move, vendor