Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tradespot changes it's board guidelines

- - - - - board guidelines tradespot

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Interesting changes for Tradespot users.

Changes to the Board Guidelines 04.14.2006 - Updated by Tradespot

We decided to make the following changes:

• Items can be posted for Gold only, not Cash, unless you are a Tradespot Broker.
  • You can now post items on multiple boards provided you have the items in your possession on each shard.
  • Links to other sites are prohibited without prior authorization from a Tradespot Administrator

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
No selling of anything for rl money now. They might as well just be a broker site.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
I don't mess with TS anymore since it changed hands. Too many bad things happend there to too many people for it to have all been false.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
LOL
thats pretty lame. I guess they weren't making enough money. I guess UOStop.com will be the next "big" trading site.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Hmmm uostop.com you say?

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
uo-auction2.com is pritty good, I use it :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Yes Uo-auction2 is what I use as well. though for some reason only 2 shards actively use it seems

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Yes thats its real downpoint, Shame as Its just so simple and easy to use.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Aye Catskills is seriously lacking a good trade/auction forum.

Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
UOStop is a pretty good site same kind of set up as tradespot, but it is run by "nicer" people. Afracanius seems to be a good guy from TS, but certain other brokers I don't like too much....

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Aye, but I am not seeing any ads on UOstop...

Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I thought I saw an add for UO Auction.
As for posts, ya not a single post(I posted three times on there).
Just needs some more traffic I guess....

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Well, its not a sophisticated trading database like some of the others, but, in the past when it was more active.. I used Cybernickel's Trade Forum. It is rarely frequented right now but with a little love could flourish again. And its very convenient since Cybernickel could broker any high end deals. :grin:

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
When i was looking for my new house I was going to post on TS. I recieved a e-mail saying for some reason they needed my home addy & phone Number. That it would be kept private unless I was caught scamming and that nothing is private for a scammer. I thought it was really rude and no way I was giving them my home info!

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Yeah, she did the same to me. But what makes me angry is that I have been a registered user of tradespot for years, done lots of business with Lynn, be it broker items, purchase gold or gametime etc. She said the server had purged or something and many people lost their usernames and had to re-register. Then people, like my husband for example, who had over 1000 posts lost them all. >:( It has been almost 2 months now and she still hasn't resolved my username.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
never heard of these other trading sites but im glad i looked here... i got banned from tradespot for something that wasn't my fault and of course they wouldn't believe me and they dont give second chances or let u come back after a set time. so hopefully these other sites are good and take over.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Heh.. mine's an old story.. but still applies.. Lynn banned me because I refused to post one of her contests as News on all the Stratics Shard forums. I was very polite when I responded to her and explained that I wasn't permitted to do that as a Stratics Reporter. I was banned an hour later.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Yes Lynn has always rubbed me the wrong way. I had dealings with her only 3 times.
I even bought an account from her the first time I even contacted her. Everything went ok, until she gave me the wrong account(she didn't even notice) and all and all I would have been much richer if I hadn't said anything to her. But being me I did say something, unfortunitly I did delete two of the newbie characters. She got very upset with me for doing so, for something she messed up(I think she was very tired that night), then she sent me the new account info and that was it. Was just an unfortunate experiance, figured I just got her at a bad time. But nope, she was still rude the next few times I spoke with her. Last time I spoke with her was when I tried logging onto TS, but my username was wiped. So I tried resigning up but it told me I need to use my ISP's email. Well finally 2 days later I figured out what my ISP email was and signed up. Then the next day I was warned for spamming the forums, I posted twice on the same page, which everyone use to do back when I used tradespot prior to being deleted. And my guess 2-3 days after this post I won't be able to log into Tradespot anymore. No big deal.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Since I play Europa UO-Auction has always worked perfect for me. Plenty stuff available all the time and haven't had a single bad experience, smooth sales and buys all the way. Bought the occasional code from them as well, never a hitch.

I've never even looked at Tradespot, haven't had a need for it. And with all the bad things I've heard I never plan to either.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: board, guidelines, tradespot