Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Returning player (similar question as post below)

- - - - - player post question returning similar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Passion

Passion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just came back to uo and have been playing a little bit with my mage. I see warriors (think they use chilvery) drop monsters pretty easily and I was wanting to try up my warrior again to see if I like it better.

My skills are old 7xgm ones:

Swords
Parry
Lumberjack
Tactics
Resist
Healing
Anatomy
Healing

Since im new, Im completely unaware where to start... I figured work chilvery and drop one of my weapon skills. Maybe Lumberjack as well? I would also maybe need a stat scroll and buy a few skill scrolls to get some of them up.

I just want to kill some tough monsters by myself and make some loot. I have several mill in the bank still so it shouldn't be too bad on me to buy a couple things.

Any advice for the returning noob? Thanx in advance!

Give me some ideas as what you would do personally... these will give me ideas as to the options I can take myself

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
AGGHH> This is a BAD trend. Yet another former user falls off the wagon. WIll I be next?

WElcome back! I do not currently play, but I might soon join you. I don' have much advice, but did not want your help thread to die due to lack of interest.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Sir_Ignatz

Sir_Ignatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Just came back to uo and have been playing a little bit with my mage. I see warriors (think they use chilvery) drop monsters pretty easily and I was wanting to try up my warrior again to see if I like it better.

My skills are old 7xgm ones:

Swords
Parry
Lumberjack
Tactics
Resist
Healing
Anatomy
Healing

Since im new, Im completely unaware where to start... I figured work chilvery and drop one of my weapon skills. Maybe Lumberjack as well? I would also maybe need a stat scroll and buy a few skill scrolls to get some of them up.

I just want to kill some tough monsters by myself and make some loot. I have several mill in the bank still so it shouldn't be too bad on me to buy a couple things.

Any advice for the returning noob? Thanx in advance!

Give me some ideas as what you would do personally... these will give me ideas as to the options I can take myself

Hi and welcome back! If you're interested in a warrior type template, my Paladin/Swords is currently:

Anatomy
Chivalry
Healing
Magic Resistance
Parrying
Swordsmanship
Tactics

It's may not be the ultimate template, and others more experienced than me could surely find things to replace in it, but so far, it's working pretty good for me.
'Me fail English? That's unpossible.' - Ralph Wiggum

Passion

Passion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Is Parrying that important?

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Is Parrying that important?

If you plan to use a shield, mostly.

Passion - of your list, I'd probably drop parry. My paladin (archer instead of swords) is the same as Ignatz, and I can solo pretty much any of the PvM I've tried. I'm attempting to go to 120 with my archery. Not sure what else, but the days of 7x GM are mostly over. It's more like 6x GM with a couple legendary in there.

You don't have to max out Chiv to GM if you just want the combat bonuses from Enemy of One, Consecrate and Divine Fury. I had capped out at 70 for a while and was fine there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: player, post, question, returning, similar