Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Roleplay Land Acquisition Map

- - - - - acquisition land map roleplay

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

The Mighty Raul

The Mighty Raul

The Crimson Claw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

IMHO, it cannot be so hard for the GMs to actually arrange battles for the territory on a given day, at a given time. Also, there should be consequences agreed beforehand. I.e. the GMs should be aware of what will happen if they will win/lose the battle. The consequences should be the loss/gain of a small portion of the region under conflict, not winning/losing the whole region per se. Also, you should not be able to attack regions deep in the enemy territory, before you have taken some foothold in the border region (i.e. won battles).

If you leave it too GM's you will eventually get back to where we are today, GM's DO NOT give away power or control of their precious towns or area's easily. Its ego and jealous GM's that have put the whole RP PvP scene in the stale and stagnant state it is today. If any system like this is to work, rules and the like should be set in stone before it starts, then GM's can either join the fun or not.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
*cough cough*
Twoey on Tabbys account

Thanks for the warm words Raul... :)

Ive tried giving away power in Vesper tons of times but nobody else wants to take it even if i throw it at people..
So its not just the case of not letting go, its also the matter of nobody else wants to rule.

Anyway, since im home soon... ill dig into these threads and give my 2 cents.

/Twoey on Tabbys account

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I think that's a very negative way of looking at it Raul. Some Gm's might be that way but not all. I think the idea of losing the fort and hiding out in a cave as we did against Vesper at one point is a good change of scenery and great for making extra RP events.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

The Mighty Raul

The Mighty Raul

The Crimson Claw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
Hey Twoey, you know full well i dont mean you. Your the exception to the rule matey, which is why i still think you will make a great GM one day. :)

Paladis

Paladis

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
A^K Claimed Serps hold ages ago...even talked Jordan Jurrel into proclaiming Kaldor to be its official defenders IC.

The OOC reason for the claim was basically so it could be used as a stageing post for battles over ownership which occured often in the past (when A^K actualy had good numbers) and we were driven from the town many times. We fought back (with allies of the time) and reclaimed it eventualy. The reason Serps was chosen was because it can be used for some damn fine battles AND wasn't under some numpties claim who'd never ever give it up anyway.

Think the most recent guild to attempt reclaiming the isle was RM who we eventualy got rid of somehow though alot of "area's" of serps had been lost and retaken often.

But,as usual, it works fine there as its often on a small scale and between guilds that dont mind loosing a fight.

Born to be Grumpy so get used to it
General Paladis
Army of Kaldor

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I loved reading about RMs crusades :)

didn't LB join them for a while? they seemed like one of the best things i'd ever seen in RP and I almost came back to join LB or RM. but it seems these days that RM have turned into another trinsic guild and LB seemed to lose activity a while back? i'm not sure.

but crusades are just awesome and they sounded so much fun!

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Oh yeah, umm did I mention that Marble Island is owned by me (and Tremere) and not Trinsic?

We claim it, it's ours, (j/k, but we do own many of the buildings there ;P) *waves tremere flag about... then wonders if there actually is one... *

Not sure many would want to actually dispute that island though, and I certainly have no armies, but it's not like there is toooo much interesting there other than some nice temple things and passages....hmmm actually, it is in a nice location to launch boats from to attack cities.. and there is of course the passage to the Lost lands, so theoretically you could also walk to Vesper from there... hmmm And yes, I do spend most of my time there...

Although, if Irvyn really really wants to still claim Marble Isle, well, I'll just sick Grandma on him! muahaa

Well, I've been calling it Tir na Nog these past years, but you may as well call it the Aly Estates

and this is my map (although it's already outdated because the bunny building isn't shown here, and it's there...):
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Ooh I love those white towers. Does anyone have a tutorial how to construct an "aerial photo" like this one?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Ooh I love those white towers. Does anyone have a tutorial how to construct an "aerial photo" like this one?

Was wondering the same thing, please tell!
Posted Image

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
actually I just ran around and took a heck of a lot of screenshots and then plunked them together using Paint.... it wasn't any special way

but here we go off topic ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Lisa_*

Guest_Lisa_*
  • Guests
You can actually see that in the pictures! Your character is at three places at once at least on that map. :)

Klion

Klion

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

If you leave it too GM's you will eventually get back to where we are today, GM's DO NOT give away power or control of their precious towns or area's easily. Its ego and jealous GM's that have put the whole RP PvP scene in the stale and stagnant state it is today. If any system like this is to work, rules and the like should be set in stone before it starts, then GM's can either join the fun or not.

I agree with what Twothumb said. In some cases it may well be that the GM doesn't want to give power away, but in my experience it's that no one wants to or is able to do anything with the power we offer them anyway! Hundreds of times I have been approached by people wanting to run events or do something, and I guarantee that less than a half dozen of those people ever followed through on their ideas. It seems to me that unless I personally run their event for them, it just won't happen - and then they will make comments like you just have.

It's not a case of the GM's being crap, it's the rank and files members that are crap. They are happy to turn up to others events, but they wont run anything themselves.

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
The community runs on an inspired few people, it is criticised endlessly by the noiseing minority and the majority don't care or don't even look at the forums.

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
My map was not exactly of territories or such, but you could describe it more as a sphere of influence. Some parts may be over and understated, but those are the general areas from my personal perspective people hold varying degrees of influence. Obviously I could just make a map showing nothing but the basic hot-spots, but that wouldn't look as cool, would it?

Its based on IC perceptions and what have you - for instance the entire shire of Yew could be considered something that Grd watches over because no-one else contests it - but it stops where it could be said the Brigands have more influence. Meanwhile Vesper for instance lords if over its back yard where the Vesper Woodfolk and Loerdell used to be because no-one has contested it since, but the border to the West is half-way between Vesper and Cove - despite nobody really patrolling there thats the imagined sphere of influence. The Duchy one is perhaps misleading because of differing interpretations - I consider the "Duchy" to be the city of Trinsic as a whole (much as Vesper is not just -V-, but the Republic of all guilds in Vesper) - the combined influence of everyone there and not just the DoT Guardsmen. Obviously these vast tracts of land aren't permenantly used, but they're a visual measure of influence in my opinion and make for something to fight over imo.

I also think if you check with Hanse, he will inform you that Grd has been in Minoc about a half dozen times since the middle of March 'en force. I seriously doubt any of the Rebels have been then in masse - for the same reasons that Grd rarley visits the Court of Truth.

I would tell her that Grd has been in Minoc a few times yes, that doesn't mean I would refute the fact that the Minoc campaign stopped because the Royal Alliance essentially broke up / stopped turning up and the campaign thus stopped. To my and others recollection The Northern Alliance would very happily have carried on, regardless of this (don't know where this idea came from) perceived flagging in numbers from some sources. Thus we consider Minoc to have been won, regardless of whether or not there was any in game closure, based purely on the fact that the Royalists stopped contesting it properly. All we really think of Grd's occasional incursions of are as raids. Even other Royalists who were allied to you fighting us considered the Campaign a defeat and acknowledge its end. Not much point arguing over it given how long ago that campaign stopped anyway.

As for the way the RP world ticks, its just the way things have always been. Too many people expect to log on, find something already happening and just jump on the bandwagon without having to think or do anything other than vaguely follow what's happening. Something we're slowly changing in -V-, which is why we're catching up to guilds who already have a variety of people taking charge like Grd and BoC in activity I'm glad to say :)

Cove have been rather quiet though lately though? I ain't seen them too often at least.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Don't be getting any ideas Hanse. Cove is still around, yet another one of those exam times of the year so a lot of people are not as active for the moment. It will take up fairly soon.

Having that said your map is very nice looking. I would love to stick that up on the Cove website, had it the correct boarders! (Mani's boarders that is!)

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
I can change the map and remove the markings. And of course edit a few things that have obviously changed such as Templar influence, the size of B^F's zone, addition of Skara Brae and what have you. Would hope to keep something like that vaguely updated.

I'll ICQ you actually, see what we can jiggle out.

Edit: And damn, tell me about it. Exams are making people drop like flies for the next few months :P

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acquisition, land, map, roleplay