Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Roleplay Land Acquisition Map

- - - - - acquisition land map roleplay

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Cove's territory is somewhat overstated on those maps by the way. From Vesper to Cove, our territory actually divides about halfway along, not far east of the Covian graveyard (we signed a treaty over it some time ago). Also, Minoc has become "West Vesper". Cove never really showed much interest in keeping it, while us Vesparians have been doing things reasonably often there, so we rather consider it ours.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Hehe, decided to whip this one up quickly from the Vesparian point of view. Might hafta have it stapled to the CoRE information page sometime hence the tags. Not all guilds on there are CoRE obviously, but its made for the CoRE webby and guilds if they want it. A major correction some might notice is that Cove doesn't actually hold much land, they never conquered much of it from Vesper and to my knowledge have never conquered Beauforte from the Knights Templar. Perhaps the Knights Templar, Valorians or Royal Marksmen (New Paws) might not be considered such big players, but thats still their ground historically and presently, unless someone snatches it from them.

Posted Image

When it comes to land sizes, its obvious not much of it gets used in reality, but for RP reasons both actual (e.g. Vesper's control of the Northern Woodlands dates back to the Vesper Woodfolk and Loerdell participation in the Republic) and theoretical (e.g. the Guardsmen Militia controlling all of Yew technically, since the odd hiccup from the Undead or Bujin has stopped happening) land sizes are portrayed. Makes for good wiggle room if you want to do things.

1998 - 2010

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
According to that map I see a war comming. The Knights took Altmere! And Vesper shouldnt claim Minoc even though they drank an ale there once. =D

Posted Image

Octiovus

Octiovus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Without being rude, I've never actually seen a KT in the area marked, and Cove runs regular patrols to the swamp area. I'd say Altmere is more Covian than knightly, for sure. (You can tell by the brigand spawn! ;))

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I think KT hangs out a bit further up, just around Beaufort. Although, I may well be wrong. :)

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
And now for a realistic map. Disregarding "roleplay claims"..!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lazulli

Lazulli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
That black dot should be on the inn next to the stables, amongst others. =P

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I see a vesper/Cove border war coming over the land south of covetous..

that land used to belong to me when i was with vesper and i know cove took a lot of it, but as hanse said, i'm pretty sure vesper took most back so it should probably somewhere down the middle.

historically vesper owned all the land upto the gates of cove, near enough, but as cove grew so did their land coverage.

anyway. bringing land into RP is a fantastic way of sparking spontaneous wars, instead of constructing a made up story to bring to factions to blows.

RP as far as i was ever concerned was about land and power, so maps are very important. if you don't have the power to control much land, then don't claim much! if you've got a huge force then take more, but don't be a git and just sit in someone elses city.

land and politics = interesting RP and more wars = more activity and fun alround! :)

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
double post

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
We fought that war about borders and Covetous. We decided to share the mountain :P

How gay is that?

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

And Vesper shouldnt claim Minoc even though they drank an ale there once. =D

Vespers been waring over minoc for years... history is your freind....

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
History? For the last 2.5 years we've been warring for Minoc on the same side. I'm just saying that we should not claim towns just like that unless you are actively using it.

The best thing for that area would be if an active Loyalist / evil / something not Rebel faction would start using Minoc. That would make the entire region allot more attractive.

Posted Image

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I think it's more that vesper currently lays claim to it. whether they actually have it or not is debateable.

If a new guild came into minoc and didn't make friends with the vesperians there would likely be a war, as has happened for years, as you know.

whereas, if a new guild came into minoc and made friends with the vesperians and essentially became a vassal of vesper then eventually they might be able to take it away with time.

basically, people can lay claim to what they like, whether or not they actually own it comes down to might at arms and politics.

so really, any conversation about it is pointless..

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Pretty much Kaelith. We lay claim to it, but indeed do use it for things reasonably often to make a change from doing it all around Vesper, whether you see it or not Mani. Kimmy is right in that Vesper really has been warring in, over or about Minoc with a swathe of peoples throughout RP history

A Minoc guild though? Meh. Guilds have risen and fallen in Minoc for some years, including an effort of my own attempt what, five or six years ago now. Its a nice place to visit, but not a place to stay is my experience. Until something like that happens though, or Minoc is contested, she remains Republican turf in our greedy wee eyes, and we'll try to boot out / lay the smack-down on foreign armies if we get wind they're lurking there if and when it happens :-)

1998 - 2010

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
A minoc guild poped up about 2 months ago and were rebel but they dissapeared just as fast as they apperared.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Erik Arkay

Erik Arkay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Any real discussion about maps is bound to be a moot point (Get it...Moot....*Shifty eyes*...Ah fark it, I was -never- funny anhow)

Any side that wants to, can make their own map based on their own opinions if they like and if it helps their RP (I love them, but that's just me). It sparks discussion and is all you need for a rollercoaster of ingame events, discussions, meetings and possibly wars. Altmere....Covian or Templar? Let's get ingame and find out! Minoc.....Vesperian, or simply liberated? Hmmm...Let's meetup and settle that!

I believe the point should be that any 'Official', 'The Law' or 'Generally accepted' map can only include the respective home territories of the different decently sized and active guilds.

Any map that shows 'Claimed lands', 'Areas of influence', 'Borders' or whatnot should be left to individual maps for each seperate guild or grouping. Those are highly biased, change rapidly and may even be downright lies! Afterall, those are the kind of things RP strife is -all- about.

So....A Map with homebases or points of sustained RP activity (As our Uber Maniacski said, there wont be many) is a definate thumbs up!
Individual maps depicting each guilds RP view on the world is a definate two thumbs up as well!
A unified map that's supposed to be an actual representation of in-game influences and 'ownership' is a definate no-no from me. Not only does it usually step on people's far too big toes, but RP also -NEEDS- the incertainty. The gray areas!

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
B^F don’t actually claim that much land as is shown in hanses pic. Also I think Cove claim the land all the way over to the marsh near brit which they call the northern marshes. But as you folks say, best to get in game and fight over it if there are any disputes.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
What about making some sort of rules for attacking and taking over land. It could be like Risk for instance a map with lots of different sectors, To claim a sector the defending and attacking guild have to cometo agreement as to when this should take place and the winner gains the land.

This map will always be available to view online and everytime land is taken the person who is in charge of the map would update it. I'd be happy doing that for all the guilds. Then its a referance point for everyone to see, Guilds have alot to fight for not just attack someplace and thats it. For instance when -V- attack Trinsic, what do we gain from it or lose? Nothing. If there was a map with different zones that can be overtaken that would be good.
A certain rule being you cannot go straight into the heart of a guilds territory and attack there, you have to go sector by sector.

Tell me what you think... Infact i'll make a new thread on it!

Bevier de Fendcolline

Bevier de Fendcolline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Greetings all !

I post in this post for say that : the city of Skara Brae is not without a RP guild to represent it :) .

A group of 3 RP guild based in Skara Brae was unified for create the Community of Skara Brae. I ll perhaps post a little presentation soon of our guild and it history.

At this moment, you can find a presentation and a history in English in our site ( http://www.la-cam.com/ ) and you can too read our "Gazette" ( http://perso.orange....accueil_en.html ) !

See you soon !
Master Templar of the Community of Skara Brae [Europa].

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
French in Skara? Onwards Covians!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acquisition, land, map, roleplay