Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Roleplay Land Acquisition Map

- - - - - acquisition land map roleplay

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I Found this map on the Royal Marksman website, and thought it would be quite handy to have a nice clean one that can be written on - quality isnt great as its jpeg and wanted to keep the filesize small for hosting but already an improvement.
Kudos to the person who first made this, I have just cleaned it up.

Old one:
Posted Image

Shiny new one:
Posted Image

Please feel free to edit destroy mutilate this in any way shape or form :) I didnt add the names as im new and am not sure of all of them yet! so anyone can take up the project if they so wish.

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Thanks for updating my map! :) I initially did this map in a few minutes to give Devante and Lemon an updated political map back when they were both in LB.

I think it would be handy if you, who obviously are much better at graphics stuff than me, could add guild-names and abbrevations to the map as well? I'll make sure it's posted to the MoongatesWiki.

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Also. Half of those guilds dont exsist anymore.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Minoc is rebel now.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Yep, the map is ancient. :) Also, the loyalist/rebel definition is somewhat wrong when the map is to be displayed outside of LB.

Posted Image

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
well, if anyone can provide a list of what goes where, I am more than happy to put the names on it. Although anyone could do it, just open up in paint, choose the colour and write a name next to it. :)

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well you can see my amazing graphical skills from that map above. Sure you still want me to add the names? :P

Anyways:

- TV is gone.
- Orc is semi-gone, I think?
- Jhelom is gone. (But is still a crown city, I think.)
- Skara Brae is gone. (But is still a crown city, I think.)
- Buc's Den is gone. (Is obviously not a crown city.)
- Haven has "rebelled". -OH- hangs around there now.
- Maginica collapsed and is gone. (And went back to being a crown city, I think?)
- Minoc is under Cove now?
- Nujel'm is gone.
- Knights Hospitallers needs to be added.
- Beaufort and Knights Templar needs to be added.

Those are the things I can come up with right now.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Well you can see my amazing graphical skills from that map above. Sure you still want me to add the names? :P

Anyways:

- Knights Hospitallers needs to be added.

We have land by Bucs den gateway.

We also have land [ 3/4 houses ] North of COmpassion desert,on the road leading to Yew.

Elliot will tell you more as I am going to be offline for about a week.

Twoie and Olk wont be happy if you say Minoc belongs to anyone but Vesper ,hehe Oh and its called West Vesper :P

Loving the map though :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
*nods* I think it's wise to have a chat with them about it. I have no idea about what belongs to whom up there anymore. After I resigned from the Britannia Guards, I seem to have lost track of everything. :)

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
No use into getting in such minor details.

Who "owns" what. It'll only discourage new players. Just give Minoc the Rebel stamp because it was "liberated" by the rebels not so long ago.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
actually there was a minoc guild trying to get started a little bit ago. rebel. don't know where they went.... but never the less it is not owned by cove and it's rebel. nuff said

Posted Image

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland

No use into getting in such minor details.

Who "owns" what. It'll only discourage new players. Just give Minoc the Rebel stamp because it was "liberated" by the rebels not so long ago.

Perhaps its an idea to refer to the map as "where the current active rp folks are situated" instead of an who owns what ?

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Sylvester

Sylvester

Suffering Succotash, I've created a kindergarten Frankenstei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I have news of a new Community Of Skara Brae trying to start to interact.
Community Of Skara Brae
This site is in french

Kaelith

Kaelith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
imo having a map with land distribution is a great idea. gives a more real edge to the RP community. the whole point of the RP community is to try and build an immersive sense of realism inside the UO world.

but as vanqa suggested another map saying where activity usually is would be good for new people to see also.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
aye thaqt way newcomers can go to our sites and see where certain people are located and where the consentraded areas are.

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
How many areas in Sosaria are RP heavy?

I'd say the area arround Stonekeep, The Covian barracks and Trinsic West Gate.

Oh and Vesper just before a battle!

*runs away to avoid getting lynched*

Posted Image

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
There's no point in making a map based on density of role-play. That kind of defeats the point of having such a map in the first place.

Posted Image

Maniacski

Maniacski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Why? I don't see how you can claim areas that are not actually used or rarely visited.

Posted Image

Guest_Emery d'Amboise_*

Guest_Emery d'Amboise_*
  • Guests

Why? I don't see how you can claim areas that are not actually used or rarely visited.

You claim them for RP reasons. You can even battle over them. How many groups can all claim Trinsic?

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Yet Cove claims half of the northern lands for a very good reason. As Emery said, it's about role-play. The Crown of Thorns, the Minoc-scenario and the Skara Brae scenario were all about land acquisitions. The entire existence of most guilds are based on land, especially such guilds as the Britannia Guards, which I know the best.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acquisition, land, map, roleplay