Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Do you like the new UO.com site?

- - - - - site uocom

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
A poll!

Do you like the new UO.COM site?

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I like the new look. I do think it needs a lot more work tho.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

I like the new look. I do think it needs a lot more work tho.

My sentiments exactly :grin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
its not bad, but for a huge game like uo ive always wondered why it wasn't that great.

one thing i do really like is everytime u get on the site the picture at the top is different... that fire chick is hot lol

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

*snip* that fire chick is hot lol

No pun intended? :P lol

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I really like the fact that you can leave feedback now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I hope they trash everything that used to be old UO and make a new one just for ME and my PvPing friends.

Why do some people continue to follow games when they quit playing?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Why do some people continue to follow games when they quit playing?

Well, I have to follow it, because I run this forum, so I have an excuse at least :P

I voted for "It's nice but needs more work"

Mainly because,,,,

There's alot of wasted space
The banner takes up ALOT of room
The light grey on black combination looks kinda icky, I think there should be a textured background of some sort, maybe a dark grey background
On my firefox installation, the powerup and other logos on the right side, don't show up?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Well, I have to follow it, because I run this forum, so I have an excuse at least :P

I voted for "It's nice but needs more work"

Mainly because,,,,

There's alot of wasted space
The banner takes up ALOT of room
The light grey on black combination looks kinda icky, I think there should be a textured background of some sort, maybe a dark grey background
On my firefox installation, the powerup and other logos on the right side, don't show up?

That's more understandable than someone who quits and doesn't have anything UO related to maintain other than explaining why they quit. If you really want to quit, step away and stop looking for excuses to come back.

And I agree, the banner does take up a lot of room and just looks awkward with it's size compared to everything else.

The all black background looks bland and *something should be there. Even though it does make what's there stand out, it could use some color or something to make the site not look so basic, it looks incomplete.

Everything else (fonts, icons, etc.) looks good and the rest of the website hopefully will be updated soon.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think the text colour on the buttons needs to be changed to white
It looks kinda....hrm....washed out, not sure

As I said on stratics though, I wonder why they didn't use the same template style as their DAOC herald site (www.camelotherald.com)

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
That DAOC site reminds me of stratics for some reason, and uo.com does not look far off from it actually.

Minus the background they have the same basic layout.

Posted Image

Same "bars" up top except UO doesn't use the space for links.

Same space between "bars" and "news" area.

Same space on left for game info (UO uses "drop down" type menus, DAOC has menus displayed).

Same space for "news".

Same space on right for extras.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aye it's very similiar

I definatly prefer having the links down the side of the page, rather than having them in categories, which you have to click to expand first

There's been a few times where i've gone to look for something on the old uo.com site and had to open up a few categories to find the right link

Yes I r lazy, but eh :P

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ha, never thought of it like that, I thought I was lazy because I liked the drop down menus. All I have to do is click the + and if I don't see what I want, click it again. (meaning I didn't have to scroll down the entire page, which could be miles long)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
But imagine the clicks you'd save if you only had to click once!
And/or, only a single page scroll to find the right link :P

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
It seems to be pretty much just a new front page. uo.com refers you to uoherald. Every link I followed just took me back to the same old uo.com site. I'd say it needs LOTS of work still.

If you click 'Visitors Center' you get taken to an AOS site and the Home button will not take you back to uo.com or uoherald :P

They desperately need a web designer.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

But imagine the clicks you'd save if you only had to click once!
And/or, only a single page scroll to find the right link

True, but UO has created my "click" finger to be utterly indestructable, so it laughs at web-page clicking. But it does not bode well with "scrolling", more times then not it scrolls too far, then I have to backtrack and sometimes miss again. It's like fumbling around with a bra, taking entirely too long, and just as embarrassing.

They desperately need a web designer.

So true, but they did state they were going to get the herald up ASAP to show they are making progress, and also stated it will take a LONG time IF they even do update the entire site.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
The website is uninspired and of poor design. It is a testament to the new "slick" and "soulless" UO.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I think it looks pretty decent. I havent explored it indepth, but the first appearance of it looks nice. Much better than the old out of date looking one that was there.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I think it looks pretty decent. I havent explored it indepth, but the first appearance of it looks nice. Much better than the old out of date looking one that was there.

Granted it does look better, but I think EVERYTHING needs to be updated, not just the look.

I would actually be happier if the content was made up to date before the graphics, but it's a start.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Moll

Moll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I really don't like it much. I hate the colours --- too dark for me; I really liked the setup and colours of the old page. I agree also that the banner at the top is way too big!
Moll aka Serafina Cole, Ulla Rai'e
Sonoma
Babette, Siege Perilous

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: site, uocom