Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Starting A T hunter

- - - - - hunter starting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SumoRat

SumoRat

Minax Factioneer Of Legends

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Whats Skills Should i Start With?

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Basic T-hunter skills are

-Cartography
-Lock Picking

Now you will need some kind of skill to open the chest after you dig it up and unlock it. This can be done either by Magery skill by using the Telekinesis spell to remove the trap, or the combination of Detect Hidden and Remove Trap skills. There are disadvantages to both processes. With Magery I don’t believe you can do more then a level 4 map. So you may want to use a template such as this.

-Cartography
-Lock Picking
-Detect Hidden
-Remove Trap
-Magery
-Eval
-Med

Now there comes in the factor that if you have the Mining skill you wont have to be right on top of the “X” (treasure spot) to dig it up. This is helpful is you are role playing and are using the sexton for finding the coordinates on the map. However this is not an issues at all if you any of the complete T-Hunt rune libraries or the UO Automap locations or by using the Stratics map tool.

This is my two cents worth of information. If anyone else has more updated info please correct me.

Good Luck with this template it can be a lot of fun.
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
After you pick a chest you can use telekenesis to open any lvl chest. So unless you are roleplaying the thunter, drop detect hidden and remove trap if you want. Pick up any other skill you like. Hidding can be a nice one to have for lvl 6 chests :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
If it is a new character I would definitely put 50 points into lockpicking. It is the slowest to gain so you want as much as you can get right away. Carto goes up pretty easily you just write maps of the right level for gains. Find a good lockpicking house and write a UOAssist macro to pick/relock all their chests. I have a lockpicking house on Great Lakes but you seem to on Europa...someone there is bound to have one.

For dealing with the spawn a lot of people use either magery of peace. If you choose to use peace I would put 50 points in it on a new character as well. It also comes up a bit slow, but you can gain it pretty well by casting area peace on yourself all day.

(http://tukaram.net/tmaps.htm here is a link for map locations and some skill tips).

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Here is my Template that I use and I can solo level 6 maps with it (if no more then 1 AW spawns.)

GM Cartography
GM Lockpicking
110 Magery (This is fine to cast EVs consistently)
GM Meditation (since I am not PVP or active at hunting with this char GM is fine)
GM Eval Int
104.3 Musician (headed to 110-120)
93.5 Provocation (headed to 120)

Once I get 120 Prov then I will play around with Music and Magery above 110. I have lots of fun leading THunting parties and clearing out several level 6 maps a night...

It is good to check out the Stratics THunter forums every once in a while there is some good advice in there. The link that Tuka posted is a great source of THunter info...
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Ok Ive Made The THunter Now How do i do a map?

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
To Decode a map you have to be at a certain cart level. Check out these links for more info:

http://uo.stratics.c...treashunt.shtml

http://uo.stratics.c...cs/treasure.php
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Here are my thunter skills:

gm - cart - on stone, only need to decode maps then it isn't needed till you need to decode more maps
gm - lp
115 - mage (use tome of knowlegde +15 magery)
120 - peace
120 - music
120 - provoke
120 - discord
Posted Image

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
MY Map has no pin to direct where the treasure is how do i find it?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
There should been a red pin but with no coordinates on the map. Go to stratics and go to the thunting section and it has all (or most) of the maps in there with the coordinates. From here you need to just match it up. It also helps to have a thunting rune libary on your shard with all the locations according to map #.
Posted Image

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Gah Annoying I have a local map how do i make a level 1 map?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Maps that you make will not have the red pin in it.

The t-maps with the red pin (Levels 1-5), you loot off monsters, the Level 6 you get from a paragon chest . These are the ones that show you where you can dig up the chest.

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Gah Can Someone Sell me a level 1 or 2 map then plz :)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Check vendors in Luna, I found someone who sell maps on LS and LA
Posted Image

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Need Europa :D

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Look around Luna, there will be at least one vendor selling maps. Where is your cart skill at?
Posted Image

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
50.. just made :)

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Here are my thunter skills:

gm - cart - on stone, only need to decode maps then it isn't needed till you need to decode more maps
gm - lp
115 - mage (use tome of knowlegde +15 magery)
120 - peace
120 - music
120 - provoke
120 - discord

this is almost exactly what i use..... it works amazingly well!~

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I decided to take Focus off of my Tamer and swap between Carto and LP doing T-maps.

If you have 1 or 2 Soulstones, you can put Carto on a character, decode all the maps (they have to be "Tattered" to start with) and then take Carto off and put LP on. Makes it nice because you only have to dedicate 100 points to "Chest skills" instead of 200.

At 50 Carto/LP you will only be able to do lev1 maps. I think you need 70 skill in each to do Lev2. Awfully steep if you ask me, but thats the way it is...

Posted Image

SumoRat

SumoRat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I could Easily solo level 1's and im only 30 magery with fc and fcr i should do ok

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunter, starting