Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Question on magery/eval

- - - - - magery or eval question

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Many moons ago when I first made a mage it was better to train your eval before your magery, I was just wondering if that remains true today and were I may find an updated skills guiide for magery/eval

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I never had to train my eval - it GM'd on its own while I trained magery. Not sure these days, as my last mage was trained years ago :)

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
When blackrock was up, I did train a mage to 107...and Eval Int went up with magery to 94 passively. No additional training required.
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
thanks for the advice

Another question, I know you cant 8x8 but for fast gains is a boat still the ticket?
Posted Image

Darius

Darius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nah, febblemind yourself all the way up.

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
in magery? That would also be good for resist to aye?
Posted Image

Darius

Darius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No, Febblemind yourself for Eval. Yes, if you train resist with febbleminding yourself then you should be done with eval before your resist is finished.

Magery you can gain from casting on a vendor. Casting appropriate spells for skill level. A high minus mage weapon could help out a bit too.

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
"Ordo 4 Life yo, we roll mad deep"

i have a better question - what in the blue hell is "mad deep" ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
I have no clue to be honest, my little girl has a shirt that has a bunch of stuffed animals on it and thats what the shirt says on it

"We roll mad deep yo"

I thought it sounded funny so made it my title lol, I guess you are not gansta enough to understand it....fer real dog.

*throws up in his mouth a little*
Posted Image

Darius

Darius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yea! yo :P :grin:

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I trained Magery by casting spells onto my spellbook. My Eval just GMed on it's own while training Magery. Like Darius said you shouls use -magery items to lower your skill and cast easier/cheaper spells for gains.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Your Eval will GM before you magery, but the above 100, your magery gains are faster. I'm currently at 115 magery 112 Eval, 120 seems a long way off yet. A few more days training no doubt, but I need a 120 magery 1st, already got the eval scroll. Use a -29 wand to train with. Woirk up to 40 natural, then use a -20 black staff. Now train to 40 again, then equip the -29 wand. Make sure you have 2/6 casting, the wand will take you down to 1/6. Now you can train as high as you want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
We roll mad deep refers to having a large posse or to having a group of people that shouldn't be messed with. We would say that if we had a large group of people barhopping with us.

Ordo 4 Life yo, we roll mad deep would mean, I am an Ordo forever and we are group to reckon with.

Anyway, if I had to choose, I would train Eval up before magery. Eval to me is more important because it directly affects the amount of damage you do with a spell. So basically, if I had a choice between 120'ing eval, and 120'ing magery, I'd go eval.

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
word

hah
Posted Image

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
still sounds iffy to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Why train eval before magery, train at the same time is the quicker way forward. I got 115 magery and 113.8 eval when I trained. So now I've got to get Eval to 120 :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Why don't you do like everyone else said and equip a wand then go to twisted weald and get discorded by the satyr, invis yourself so he stops targetting you and cast away, as long as you stay on the same screen as him you can gain good cause you will be discorded.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Thanks for that advice Vin, I am almost in a couple days the wand will not be worth as much to me as in the beginning, perhaps i will try that out.
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Thanks for that advice Vin, I am almost in a couple days the wand will not be worth as much to me as in the beginning, perhaps i will try that out.

Glad to help, hope it works out for you.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Always use a wand to train, ever tried gaining magery with 118 magery with no want, trust me, its quicker to be at 90.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magery or eval, question