Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

House Killing???

- - - - - house killing

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I have a house in Fel, and it doesn't have a front door. But the way I have it, there is a S curve so that when you are on the first level, you can walk around a wall, and be surrounded by walls. Well, the other day, a red dude comes by while my crafter is making some gear and throws a DP poisoned shuriken...which goes through the wall and hits my crafter, which kills him. How is this possible? Doesn't seem right to me. Just curious if this is a known issue, or if something else is going on.
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Oh, and with same crafter, was hit by the same guy a week before while he was on the roof (3rd floor) and killed there are well. Normally if you tried that attack the UI would tell you the person is out of sight or something along those lines. Any insight?
Hokuto

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
It's a known bug thats been around a while. Custom houses in Fel can receive damage at various levels and around corners. You have 100% hiding in your own houses.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Dont be a victim, fight back!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Well, I am pretty weak with my crafter...lumberjacking is the only skill close to a combat skill. I did rez, and came back on with my combat character, but he was long gone.
Hokuto

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
People will also stack bandages or regs on top of a field, so they can peek inside your house, and raise themselves off the ground. People will also place fields on 2nd floor so they can peek in too. We have this guy on Baja who has been doing the SAME crap for like 8 years and can do chain lightning to someone on the 3rd floor in the back of the house with the reg trick. I believe shurikens will find their way into a house as long as there arent solid walls. What I do is on my 3rd floor, I made a half walled crafting area that is blocked off from this stuff.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Yeah, I had some re-run casting Poison Fields into my second floor because there were windows in the walls.

Solid walls and make sure that you put the little post in the back corner of the house is the only way I know of to negate this...

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yep, that single post corner piece is very important in the back left corner. I know people who dont use it, and it is taken advantage of. You could have 4 solid walls, and people can still cast through it. What I do with my houses, is make about a 6 tile entrance, and 2 tiles in, I put a wall that is 8 tiles long, so you have to do a Z to get in. Waterfalls over the entrances are also helpful. they are hard to cast on.

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

What I do with my houses, is make about a 6 tile entrance, and 2 tiles in, I put a wall that is 8 tiles long, so you have to do a Z to get in.

That is how I have my house set up...but I don't have the corner post. I will make a point to go put those in!!!
Hokuto

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hmmm, or live in Trammel :)

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
No room in Trammel except a 8X8 house out in the middle of no where. Plus, I don't see that many peps in Fel...Just a few red every now and then, and those reds will only attack a GM crafter, not my main character or the result might not be in their favor!
Hokuto

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
If I lived in tram, I wouldnt be able to log my reds out at home. Hey even reds need a place to sleep....

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
...another fine point!
Hokuto

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
If you take your house, and build the walls one tile in, they won't be able to do this to you anymore. So if you have, let's say a 10x10, but build the walls in like it's an 8x8 or 9x9, they can't hurt you anymore. It's a known house bug with customized houses. I've been killed on my crafter by nature's furys that somehow got cast up to the 4th floor of my house, but after fixing the wall it doesn't happen anymore. This was, of course, when I first got back into the game a while ago, and I didn't know what the heck was going on.

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
You can imagine my surprise as well when I died the second time. I thought I was safe on the top floor. Well I will fix house so it doesn't happen again!
Hokuto

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Your never safe mwa hahahahaha.

That was funny last nite, we were camping an idoc when the player next door recalled in, explosion flamestrike - redlined, they ran into their house. When they came out they said "WTF is your problem, I have to live here!!!"

My reply was a cleanse by flamestrike.

I think they are very unfortunate to live just behind our guild house, but thats life.

I must say that I've given up on trying to stay blue. So quite soon I'll have 9 reds, since my crafters will be blue and I never play one of my necros. Even my tamer has 2 counts. And thats only through PKing outside Lady Melisade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: house, killing