Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Doggie Training

- - - - - doggie training

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Chris686

Chris686

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Didn't know luring was illegal...but so is unattended macroing. ...and that part about going invis...sounds suspiciously like luring as well. hehehe

It's not illegal.

People will whine about anything these days.
They're afk in an unprotected area, they should expect to die. You want to idle, do it in town.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Eh? Luring is illegal in Trammel ruleset facets.

"Luring monsters to other players on the Trammel, Malas or Ilshenar facets in order to kill and/or loot them can be considered physical harassment and is not permitted."

http://support.ea.co...li=&p_topview=1

Chris686

Chris686

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
If you wish to be technical, this does not say that it is illegal. It only says it, "Can be considered," illegal.

Now, if you go idle in an unguarded area, it's your own fault that you die. Whether it be by another player luring a monster, or you being killed by a wandering monster.

We'll not even get into the unlikeliness of this, "Crime," being proven to be committed by an individual.

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
Go and try it Chris.......if you lure to a person who knows the rules and you lure things to them see what happens. I know what happens to the ones luring. Seen it happen a lot of time........everyone knows what luring on purpose gets you :)

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
It has been a weird day for me, so not sure how accurate this is.. But I seem to remember over a year ago that it was changed where luring was only illegal if it was something like a champion level creature. I found it hard to believe when I read it back then. I will try to find where I read it at and repost it. All in all though, if the creature spawns on that server anywhere, expect to see it.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
"In my defence I wasn't luring. It just so happens that I was going to obtain Dreadhorn keys. A changling targetted me and I ran back down. It followed me, so I invised. The changling then targetted said pager, I tried to kill the changling, but it killed the "afk scripter first" I do appologise Mr. GM. I had to kill the pixxies, I was afraid the dog might die otherwise. :)"

But GM's on Sonoma don't seem to care about afk scripting. You can page on them all you like and nothing hapens. They concentrate more on the use of illegal programs such as Razor.

I prefer this particular stance, except when people farm gold.

There are some scripts for EasyUO that are good in there own rights, that I don't consider to be cheating. Like automatic looting, this will pick up items off a corpse depending on how good they are. Can also be set to collect features off corpses. Similar to hide corpses, when you loot a corpse it will hide the corpse. This makes targetting easier for the next spawn, its good for masaimas and swoops. But according to UO its illegal. The blanket ban is the easiest way around the scripting issue.

One thing I must say is stupid about the rules, is afk skill gain. Why can't I train my parry against 9 cats in the safety of my house whilst I make my tea. If I die then I die. Thats my problem. I'm not running any programs to do it, so whats the problem. I suppose sitting at Britain gate with my journal open, as a ghost is illegal 2. Thats the best way to burn murder counts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Luring is considered harrassment. Invis'ing to save yourself from a monster you cannot handle AT THE MOMENT is not illegal. Just because it happens near someone does not make it harassement. They have no reason to be in the area if they canot handle the spawn, right?
LOL, I sooo love semantics (did this too from time to time)

Although, I have also successfully page a GM and gotten someone jailed for doing the same thing, repeatedly.

BTW, what is that red armor to the right of your paperdoll?

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

BTW, what is that red armor to the right of your paperdoll?

That's a talisman.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
should I start a new thread? What the heck is a talisman? (pitter patter of bald feet running over to stratics)

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doggie, training