Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Doggie Training

- - - - - doggie training

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I found a nice way to train my dogs resists and healing, these pixies are all caught up on the rocks and hes being nailed with a ton of spells, my gains are skyrocketing :)

http://i1.tinypic.com/2ls8k5i.jpg

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Nice I saw a guy doing this on Pac last night and was wondering what he was up to and after a sec or two it hit me...he was doing this and I watched to see how he got the pixies to stay there and I still have yet to figure that out...
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Id watch out...that could be deemed illegal. I would think so as they are damaging you without taking damage themselves, but you never know. If someone gets tourqued up and pages, it sould be concieved as an exploit...

What is the geen stuff in your pack, btw?

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
It looks like pears. Since a cu likes fruit. I would bet that is what it is.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Hehehe, I dont think that I have ever seen a pear in UO...ever. Do they not spawn with Create Food?

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Well now that is a good question. I hardly ever cast create food :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Hehehe, I dont think that I have ever seen a pear in UO...ever. Do they not spawn with Create Food?

*blinks*
I use create food all the time since I am 100%LRC. Now that you mention it, I think the only time I see pears is if I bought them.

Isn't there a pear tree in the heritage token menu choices? Will it drop fruit like the apple trees?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

*blinks*
I use create food all the time since I am 100%LRC. Now that you mention it, I think the only time I see pears is if I bought them.

Isn't there a pear tree in the heritage token menu choices? Will it drop fruit like the apple trees?

I've never seen a pear either. And I didn't know the trees gave fruit, thought they were just deco. I don't have a pear tree though so I can't test this.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Yes, the heritage trees do give fruit, both apple and pear, 10 I think each time and they respawn rather quickly, haven't timed it yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Yikes well I definitely wont do it again, dont wanna risk getting in trouble. I just saw a few others doing it and they let me join in.

And yes those are pears :) I got sick of creating food and having more meat and cheese than I knew what to do with, but pears are easy to get in bulk hehe

Craig

Craig

wanna be mage/tamer of europa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I have done that magic resisit for my cu sidhe's a few times but ive been fine with it and i have created a few pears with create food but not very often
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

You can buy pears from innkeepers and provisioner's...

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts

I found a nice way to train my dogs resists and healing, these pixies are all caught up on the rocks and hes being nailed with a ton of spells, my gains are skyrocketing

Everyone has done that training their pups....it's an old trick from way back. But like everyone mentioned it's risky doing it for obvious reasons

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
I had a guild mate help me by discording my pup and almost have him at 6x gm now. It isn't an exploit since the pixies "decided" on their own to go up on the hills and won't come down to get attacked and "decide" to use magic on what ever attacks them...

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
i would just rather spam a spell on my pets like you would for a guildmate or yourself to gain magic resist. Not guilded then no need to seporate your pet from you in some kind of stableing area, just cast protection and get to it

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Its only an exploit if you do it afk, but you can stand there all day if you want. It gets kinda boring. When I've seen people there afk, instead of reporting them. I kill the pixies with magery and lure a changling down to kill the dog owner. Then kill the changling and work it myself. Some people get really annoying if they want to work there and you are already.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
[quote name='Unsupportable']When I've seen people there afk, instead of reporting them. I kill the pixies with magery and lure a changling down to kill the dog owner. QUOTE]

I used to do the same thing at blackrock with the elementals every now and then to spice things up...and they always managed to find the AFK guy! hehehe Evil...I know, but it kept me amused.
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I never said that, luring is illegal. On the rare occasion that I've seen people there afk, I've been on my way into the desert. And by some wierd coinsidence I always get targeted by changlings. THen when I run down and invis the changling seems to target the afk person. Wierd how that works. And of course killing the pixxies means the dog won't get killed. So everyone's happy, apart from the dead guy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I never said that, luring is illegal. On the rare occasion that I've seen people there afk, I've been on my way into the desert. And by some wierd coinsidence I always get targeted by changlings. THen when I run down and invis the changling seems to target the afk person. Wierd how that works. And of course killing the pixxies means the dog won't get killed. So everyone's happy, apart from the dead guy.

Didn't know luring was illegal...but so is unattended macroing. ...and that part about going invis...sounds suspiciously like luring as well. hehehe
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
No no, hes innocent!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doggie, training