Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

"Book of Truth?" Drop Rate Problem Reports.

- - - - - book of truth drop problem rate reports

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UOHall posted by Orvago Administrator UO Forum Administrator

Okays, I'm noticing alot more problems being reporting with reguards to "Book of Truth?" drop rates, so lets use this thread to report such problems so that EA/Mythic can see them and investigate if it is needed.

Even if your not having problems, feel free to share your info so they might be able to pin point the problem.

When reporting, please try and be as specific as possible. Please give the following details:

* What Dungeon(s) were you fighting in?
* Which Facet(s) were you fighting in?
* How long were you hunting for?
* What were your main skills you were using to kill monsters with?
* What Pets (if any) were you using?
* What Monsters were you killing?
* How many of those monsters did you have to kill before you got a drop?
* Is there anything esle you think may be helpful for them to know?

Please leave the Comments and Opinions out of this thread, lets try and keep this as a "Reporting" type thread. For your opinions and comments, please use the other "Book of Truth?" Sticky.

Thanks everyone! .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

Just for everyone's info - we are keeping an eye on the drop rates and the data reported here. So far nothing looks wildly out of whack (although individual people may have bad runs of luck, the data as a whole so far looks ok) and also - and this is important - this will be a multiple-week event. You don't need to worry about getting all your books by Friday, so if you prefer a lower-risk path to getting the books, that will be perfectly viable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please add any problems with the drop rate you come across ,either to this thread or the link above ,thanks ...tabby

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
1., 2. All Trammel: Despise, Destard, Shame, Covetous
3. at least 8 hours, 7 books total for tamer.... same time for dexer, 27 books
4. Tamer/mage and paladin/swordsman
5. fully gm'ed Cu sidhe, dexer on ethy without any pets
6. Titans,the ayaya monster, ettins, dragons, drakes, water ellies, giant snakes, wyverns, blood-earth-fire-dull copper ellies. elder gazers, dread spiders, water ellies.
7. Didn't count, but around 23k gp before first book.
8. I still believe getting looting rights is mixed up for tamers. They are in essence partied with the pets, and the rights seem diluted. Sometimes the Cu will immediately follow me after a kill, but other times it just stands still at the corpse and needs new commands to follow and guard even though it is still showing green/guild status. There is way too much of a difference in books dropped to my tamer versus my dexer, who hunted in the same dungeons. The dexer is getting 4x the books my tamer is in same time frame.
Posted Image

Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows

No Rest for the Wicked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
1. Destard and Shame
2. Tram
3. 3 hours
4. Fencing
5. No Pets Used.
6. Dragons @ Destard and Evil Mages @ Shame
7. 25-30 Dragons = 0 drops, 75 Evil Mages = 2 drops
8. Nothing else useful to provide.
Guildmaster, No Rest for the Wicked (NRW)
Hokuto

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Hythloth Trammel
3+ hours
Used a cu and magery
Killed balrons and gargoyles
For two hours, was in a party, no books dropped
We dropped the party and killed for another hour, and 3 books dropped

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
1. Deceit
2. Fel
3. 1 hour
4. Swords and Bushi and Chiv
5. Just my sword
6. Undead
7. maybe 15-20 a drop
8. Keep the drop rate steady, but I think the larger the group the more books should spawn, that way it encourages teamwork!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Trammel Despise/Destard
10-20 minutes
Magery/Archery
No pets
Ogre/Ogre Lords/Dragons/Drakes/Ancient Wyrm/Demon/Shadow Wyrm
Ogre/Ogre Lords - 20-30 (roughly 75/25 split)
Dragons/Drakes/Ancient Wyrm/Demon/Shadow Wyrm - 2/10/2/10/2

Felucca Despise/Destard
10-20 minutes
Fencing
No Pets
Troll/Ettins/Ogre Lords
20/20/2

Only thing I noticed was the longer I hunted (maybe twice did I hunt for 1 hour), the more kills it took per drop, which is good.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
And here Dip, I thought you would have had trammies as something you hunted, heh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

And here Dip, I thought you would have had trammies as something you hunted, heh.

You guys have inflicted Trammietis on poor Dip. I hope I can find a cure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I frequent the Trammel dungeons on characters not yet ready for Fel.

I don't have time to develop THAT many killers.

On a side note, I have yet to receive 1 book on 1 character no matter what he does... he may soon be deleted.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

1., 2. All Trammel: Despise, Destard, Shame, Covetous
3. at least 8 hours, 7 books total for tamer.... same time for dexer, 27 books
4. Tamer/mage and paladin/swordsman
5. fully gm'ed Cu sidhe, dexer on ethy without any pets
6. Titans,the ayaya monster, ettins, dragons, drakes, water ellies, giant snakes, wyverns, blood-earth-fire-dull copper ellies. elder gazers, dread spiders, water ellies.
7. Didn't count, but around 23k gp before first book.
8. I still believe getting looting rights is mixed up for tamers. They are in essence partied with the pets, and the rights seem diluted. Sometimes the Cu will immediately follow me after a kill, but other times it just stands still at the corpse and needs new commands to follow and guard even though it is still showing green/guild status. There is way too much of a difference in books dropped to my tamer versus my dexer, who hunted in the same dungeons. The dexer is getting 4x the books my tamer is in same time frame.

which shard abracadabra

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Something I noticed Tab is that it's kind of like the tokuno drop. The more fame gain, the more drops I got. After sacrificing my fame I got the the drop rate of 1 every ten or so creatures, once I was back to Famed it was more like 1 every 30. That was in Fel, then I moved to Tram and Dragons to work honor, I got 5 in the span 30 minutes killing Dragons. Thus my reasoning that gaining fame equals more book drops.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I have noticed that not every "blue" I kill, doesn't drop the book. Do you think they are bugged?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

I have noticed that not every "blue" I kill, doesn't drop the book. Do you think they are bugged?

Yes, they found away to insure the books for free, toggle quest item and they dont drop. Was sad when I killed a red yesterday in hyloth and he didnt have a book.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Ugh... Reds aren't suppose to die. That's very misfortunate about the books being able to be highlighted as a quest item.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I agree

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
That would be Napa Valley, Lady Tabbitha
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

updated

taken from Thread :-hey devs' according to uo.com UO UHall

###########################

Comment

the nether energy suffusing the dungeons, affected by the books of truth, was supposed to dissapate with the feb2 patch, so why are the creatures still auto disspelling every summons?, the spawn rates are 2x normal on napa, this is because of the massive influx of hunters, the book drop started,I could live with 2xas many ol's in tram if I could cast ev, and not see it do 10 hp damage and disappear. [confused]

############################

Fyi

# Event content:

* The nether energy suffusing the dungeons has begun to fade reducing the dispelling abilities of affected dungeon creatures somewhat
* Creatures in Wind will no longer drop Books of Truth (Wind is not a Dungeon of Anti-Virtue and was not intended to be included)
* Increased the drop sound radius from 8 to 12 tiles
* The Book of Truth drop rate in Felucca has been decreased slightly to account for the increased fame given by monsters on that facet.

Went to your indicated location.... don't "see"(double spawn 2x l5) it.... went on a fresh low stat char, in original green clothing... on foot.... with a bad (20% packet loss on one mid route router) connection
ran alllllla way down to the bottom, ran around....didn't die.... ran back out (well hopped and skipped with the bad conn) and alllaway back to brit.... I did see a couple of players there, not spellweavers from the look of it.... but a couple of players

NOT seeing the levels your complaining about, the "auto dispel" was to have been lessened, not "dispelled" [smirk] ...FEL had a decrease in BOOK spawn... not their normal double rate of Spawn Spawnage... Tram wasn't supposed to get, and from all other reports (none) DID NOT get a spawn INcrease... certainly not a "dynamic spawn" based on book hunters ...

Looked normal to me

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

" The nether energy suffusing the dungeons has begun to fade, reducing the dispelling abilities of affected dungeon creatures somewhat."

"begun to fade" and "somewhat" do not equal "supposed to dissipate" - sorry if that wasn't clear. It's always risky to get cute with the patch notes :)

I think what the OP was trying to say is that he's not noticing any difference at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book of truth, drop, problem, rate, reports