Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Guild House Designs?

- - - - - designs guild house

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Aranick

Aranick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been thinking about creating my own guild and i am trying to find a good design for a guild house, something that is both impressive to the eyes and also useful for every day guild usage. Anyone have any thoughts or would like to share their Guildhouse designs/screenies? I'd most appreciate some feed back and suggestions :) Thanks

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Aranick. We have some very talented designers here. I am sure they will give you several great ideas to choose from :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I think having an open main floor layout is important, for when lots of people are gathered there (for hunts or meetings). If you plan to hold formal meetings, definitely have a makeshift stable area where people can leave their mounts. It's nice to have everyone seated for meetings, without mounts getting in the way. I've seen guild houses that don't allow mounts inside - you have to park them in the stable at the front of the house.

Crafting areas = important, as is LOTS of storage.

I know that doesn't help with the literal design, but maybe will help when planning the interior functionality :)

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Our guild has a home, 3 story customized. On the bottom floor we keep the crafter area, a rune library, an arcane circle spot, and a small area to just hang out in. The second floor has a restaurant bar setting for socializing. Third floor is for guild meetings. Roof is reserved for guild business.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I can maybe post you a pic of my old guild house, even tho I'm KOS. LOL, they can try. I liked it as a guild house, wasn't very functional as far as Fel guild houses go, but made a nice Tram Guild House
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aranick

Aranick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for all your input and suggestions, i have come up with a design i think will be most promising for a guild house. Now all i need is to fill it with Guild Functional Deco/Items. Other than a crafting area what else might i want to include for a guild?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I think a mini-rune library would be good in a guildhouse.

Aranick

Aranick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I think a mini-rune library would be good in a guildhouse.

Well i thought about putting in some runes/shelves for things like mining veins/stealable locations etc but i don't want to get too carried away because ironically there is the shards main player Rune Library just next door to me :P

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Ahh okay then.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
A runebook of guild members' houses is always handy :)

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Back when my guild was active, this is the home I built for it. I call it the Kirk.

Posted Image

I don't have any pictures of the inside, but the second floor was one room, a sort of meeting room (like you'd find in a chapel). The first floor was divided into two rooms, the guildmaster's room and a library. The original home was a 14x18. As you can probably tell, the way it's designed puts some extreme constraints on the availability of space, so I wouldn't recommend something like it unless you were very passionate about the design.

On another note, I've never found "crafting rooms" to be that useful, considering that every player has a house (or can easily acquire one) and can install their own crafting room. This isn't to say they're completely useless... just mostly useless.

A functional guild house needs two elements to really work, a place for the guild to meet (meeting room), and a sort of utility room for rune libraries and guild storage. Anything else is just an extra.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I wish i had your talent with roofs. Me+Roofs=Disaster.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Neat design, Deraj - are those actual roof tiles, or... stairs? They kind of look like stairs? At any rate, it's a very cool effect! I like it.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

I wish i had your talent with roofs. Me+Roofs=Disaster.

Jakar - I was horrible at roofs too, until I realized that if you turn the Tool Tips option on in your client display options, you'll get a mouseover tool tip in the roof menu that tells you which piece is which :) It's WAY helpful!

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
get yourself a castle - its what i did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Neat design, Deraj - are those actual roof tiles, or... stairs? They kind of look like stairs? At any rate, it's a very cool effect! I like it.

Stairs. This design was before roofing tiles became available. The drawback with stairs is that you can't put them on the top floor (for obvious reasons), and so in order to use that kind of roof, I had to sacrifice the third floor. Now that roofing tiles are available, though.... I still use the stairs, because they look too damn good. *Chuckles*
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
^^ that's pretty clever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flipper

Flipper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i sux at roofs i usualy just do my flat roof lord loves a tile man lol na dwhat is this thing that helps with roofs?

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
flipper, you know you can always ask me as well :P but then, I guess you're getting demos' house? so, all done!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: designs, guild, house