Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Help with a Necro/Archer template?

- - - - - necro or archer template

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I'm trying to figure out a good template for a Necro archer.

Currently I have (and I'm nowhere near done yet)
Working Necro up to 100
SS up to 100
Archery 100.0
Tactics 101.1
Anatomy up to 100
Healing - Maybe up to 100? Its about 85 now
Right now, I've also got some Chivalry in the 50's on there just for Sacred Journey.
Resist - in the 80's - whatever you get with the Advanced Character token.

I really have no idea what I should be investing my points in, besides your obvious Archery, SS, and Necro. I'd like to eventually make this a PVP, though I'd settle just with PVM for now. I've got soulstones so I can stone skills, if needed. And I really really need help on figuring out a good suit.

Kylana

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
You can drop chivalry. In wraith form you can cast recall 100%. Remember necro spells are enhanced by negative karma. The lower the karma the better it is for you.

For PvM the template you have is very workable. When you go for PvP you will want to get most skills to 120. That means you can only have 6. You will want resist as one of them (or carry trapped pouches and enchanted apples). That would mean rethinking the template some.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
So for PVP, they all need to be up around 120? Hmm, that's going to be hard. Its a cramped template.

I know I'll need archery at 120, but what benefits does SS, Necro, Healing, and Resist have at 120?

And, what type of suit should I be looking at? Maybe some stuff with SSI, dex, and mana regen to make up for the lack of Med?

Kylana

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

So for PVP, they all need to be up around 120? Hmm, that's going to be hard. Its a cramped template.

I know I'll need archery at 120, but what benefits does SS, Necro, Healing, and Resist have at 120?

And, what type of suit should I be looking at? Maybe some stuff with SSI, dex, and mana regen to make up for the lack of Med?

Kylana

For 120 Archery you can eat the scroll and wear a hunters headdress (+20 archery) and SS is the evaluating intelligence for necromancing, it gives you added damage at 120, Necro does not need to be at 120, 105 is enough. Healing does not need to be at 120, just 90 with enhanced bandages. Some MR stuff would be advisable but not mandatory because you will deal damage with your bow as well as spells, just don't spell dump and you should be OK with like 8 MR.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Resist you want as high as you can get for shorter duration of some debuffing spells, better chance to totally resist the poison spell and I have been told that if your resist is higher then the casters eval you can run through a paralyze field (that one I am not positive on).

Healing you don't need to take to 120. It will heal more damage if you do and you never fail on a rezz. Which is really handy when in a fight.

Same goes with anatomy. Helps with heals and increases damage some.

Spirit Speak is the necros equivalent to eval. The higher (along with the negative karma) it is the more damage you do.

Necro needs to be at least 105 (I am pretty sure that is the correct amount) so you don't fail at wither.

Tactics is just a damage modifier. The higher it is the more damage you do.

Guess the question I would ask is do you want to keep chivalry just for sacred journey and if not what other skill would you want to have around 60-80?

Mana regen is always nice to have. It looks like it will be an expensive suit to build. You will want resists to be in the 60's at least. 100% LRC so you will not have to worry about your regs being looted. 2/6 casting so you can get your spells off. Then some lower mana cost would really be helpful :) . BTW when you get done would you mind making me one on LS :)

Have you decide what stats you want to have?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
The good thing about necro is that there is no need for bows to be spell channeling. Which means that you can effectively get much better weapons. As SC takes up one of the mod slots on a bow. SS at 120 is really important, the damage increase is quite a bit. Strangles can do upto around 20 a hit, and their stamina will be 0 in no time at all. Evil omen, strangle, pain strike spam is a popular one. Strangle is the different between their stamina and your mana as its damage modifier!!!! So hit them with cruching blow or some, that will drop their stam a bit. Evil omen is a good starting spell for necros. Poison strike is good as well. You want fast spells, for necros, to fizzle their heals.

Blood oath is brilliant against dexxers. Just make sure that their health is always lower than yours, or they will kill you first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
On my old necro archer, (primarily a doom archer, but she got alot of use in just about every situation)I only had enough necro to cast wraith form, and enough chiv to cast enemy of one 90% of the time. I cannot recall the exact caps, but I think it was 50 necro, 70 chiv.
I think the most important decision is on how you intend to do the majority of your damage. Some of the above suggestions direct you more to spell damage, while you seem to be thinking of a more physical damage template.
Whichever you choose, minimize the skills that do not contribute directly to that end, and that will give you the skill room you need.
With the right equipment and jewelry, you can create QUITE a bit of skill room. Start shopping now for the jewels you will use later.
Also, use your jewles for training. Take off/put on jewelery to stay in training range for longer periods of time.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Kylana

You can make up for lack of med with the wraith form, plus the 100% recall from a book. As long as you are doing damage, you are regenerating mana. Pretty sweet really.

Again, this all ultimately depends on what style of necro archer you want to play.
Go for SSI and dex. BUT you should research stratics for the bow you choose to use. When you get to max swing rate for dex and SSI, switch your gear focus over to resists.
Admitedly (sp?), Hespeth (my necro archer on baja) was an artie !!!!!, but she rocked. Hunter's headress, jackal's collar, artic bow, those fire resist plate leg thingies (forget the name now), and some other items thrown in.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: necro or archer, template