Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vendor shop design - Feedback plz! (pics)

- - - - - design feedback pics plz shop vendor

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hi all,

I'm working on a new vendor shop (16x16). I've built the house, but honestly I can't decide if I like it or not. The design is based loosely on one I found on Stratics. Your feedback is appreciated! I have no problems whatsoever scrapping it and starting over. As for my own opinion, I'm going to sleep on it and see what I think in the morning... but here's what I'm thinking now.

This house is on the south/east side of the road, so the vendors should probably be placed as close to the road as possible. This design is backwards of that. However, it's pretty impossible to have road-facing vendors on this side of the street, unless you make it a one-level house. To compensate, I put a step at the front corner of the house near the road, where I'll put a vendor/announcement NPC to hopefully make it obvious that there are vendors here.

The vendors will go in the courtyard. I thought of possibly lining the 2nd floor landing with them, but it's only wide enough to walk. (Placing vendors would mean shoppers would have to stand on top of them, unless they shopped from downstairs).

The main floor is intended to become a rune library. The remainder of the house will pretty much be storage/private.

I'm open to ANY ideas for vendor house designs!!! I searched around and came up with zilch.

OK... here are the pics...

Exterior/courtyard
Posted Image

Exterior 2 (front garden area)
Posted Image

Level 1 (rune library)
Posted Image

Level 2
Posted Image

Level 3
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If it's vendors along the road you want, there is always a way to do it.

I am probably the last person that should say such things, but couldn't you put the courtyard on the SW corner of your plot, making the portion of the house that now presides there "skinnier" and "shorter" by a few tiles and placing it in the SE corner so it wouldn't obstruct the entire view of the courtyard?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
DiP's suggestion is good. Another would be to use a flat-roofed design and place the vendors along the side of the roof facing the road. I'm afraid if people don't actually SEE your vendors as they pass, they won't bother to stop.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Ya know, my fear of putting the courtyard on the SW was that the house would block it, but I never did TRY it. :-p

Actually, a flat roofed design might be the way to to.

I'm going to go wander around for inspiration :) I appreciate everyone's comments, as always!!!!!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
OK here's what I'm going to try next. Sorry to whoever I got this picture from - I have no clue where I got it! (Probably either here or Stratics)

Basically, I'm going to try to do something like this, but delete the SW corner house and make that a vendor courtyard. Then, the back two north houses will be connected, and the bottom will be open like in the last version for vendor expansion/rune library. Then the SE corner house will be separate and private.

This looks like it was originally on an 18x18 plot, so I'm not sure it's going to work on a 16x16, but I'll find out!!

Posted Image

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
*goes cross eyed* Those are both wonderful looking houses! As for Vendor houses, like Eo said, if you cant see the vendor and they're easy to get to, I don't bother stopping. I would maybe just make your house on the right and leave a open space on the left for vendors?

btw... *IS JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS* POLar Bearrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Snuggs - I will say this out loud only because I think you'll appreciate it (though I will likely brand myself as a dork for all eternity), but the polar bears are SO cute! When they run, they sort of gallop all clumsy like a real polar bear, and they have fat little butts that wiggle when they run :)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Snuggs - I will say this out loud only because I think you'll appreciate it (though I will likely brand myself as a dork for all eternity), but the polar bears are SO cute! When they run, they sort of gallop all clumsy like a real polar bear, and they have fat little butts that wiggle when they run :)

hehe I agree :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Dork!! haha, j/k

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
hahaaha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
*points up* Those two are so bad! *grins*

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Not as bad as peaking at polar bear butts... :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
hahaha

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
hehehe

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
How can ya help peeking? You're almost ALWAYS looking at them from behind! (Cute little stubs of tails!) hehehe

OK, without further ado, here's what I finally came up with. I think this one is the winner. Of course, if it sucks, please tell me! I will only cry silently! :P

It allows for vendors to be along the road for the length of the plot, and has some courtyard space for more vendors in the SW corner. And now that Eowyna taught me how to do roofs, the roofs aren't totally messed up this time!

Exterior (mashup of screenshots):
Posted Image

Level 1 - Rune library
Posted Image

Level 2
Posted Image

Level 3
Posted Image

Of course, now I need MORE plain poppies!! I still haven't found enough for my other house!!!

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
It looks great Kit!

Posted Image

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Nicely done!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Looks great!

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
i'd go with that one

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
That looks great Kit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, feedback, pics, plz, shop, vendor