Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Questions for BOD collectors! *from Wilkie

- - - - - bod collectors questions wilkie

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Post found on Stratics UOHall

I've been looking at the BOD system, thinking about how we might improve it, and I have a few simple questions for those who collect BODs on a regular basis.

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?)

2. Which rewards are:

- too hard to get?

- too easy to get?

- are the most useful?

- are the least useful?

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?

Posted Image

John "Wilki" Wilkinson, UO Designer - Electronic Arts - www.uo.com

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
BODS used to be the only thing I did in UO. I collect both tailor & smithing BODS all day long. I really enjoy this added feature in the game & all the newer rewards for crafters. It makes it fun!

I find all the rewards useful, even the pickaxes & shovels. I have way too many gloves, stretched hides, and special cloths & 120 Tailoring Scrolls.

I think the high end hammers, clothing bless deeds and power scrolls for smithing are hard to get. In the years I've done BODS I think I've only been given 10 high Agapite/Verite deeds and 2 Valorite deeds. I would rather get them on my own then buy them... plus I can't afford them :)

I would like to see a new bless deed possibly. Something that you can bless your armor & weapons etc. Like a personal bless deed.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
1. Both. Smithy BODs for PoT mostly, and still working on getting a Barbed Runic :P

2. Too hard: Verite/Valorite Runics. Really anything over Bronze needs player interaction to be done in any reasonable amount of time, but Aggy and up also needs a fair sum of money...

Too easy: Not real sure on this one.

Most useful: PoT followed by runics then CBDs.

Least useful: Sturdy mining tools, +1 mining gloves, and all the deco Tailoring rewards.

3. I usually collect 2 smithing and 2 tailoring every day and turn in maybe 3-4 a month total.

Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
We mainly do the smith BODS now. Mostly for the PoF (yes Maddux, I'm one of those who stock vendors with them, but I try not to overprice). Oh and the runic hammers. The highest hammer we've ever gotten when we were doing it regularly was gold, so I'd say to get the BODS for those higher than that are hard to get. That's just me though.

Maybe we're just unlucky, but we've never been able to get the BODs for the +30 and +60 Ancients.

As for tailoring, the only ones we're interested in right now is the bless deeds and runics of course. But since I haven't done any tailoring in a while, I can't say how hard it is to get the BODS to get those rewards.

When they changed the timer for the BODS, we started doing them more. We'd get one, turn a different one in, then get another one. That became too boring soon. So we went back to just trying to collect every 6 hours, if we remember.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
When Wilkie wants to hear from crafters, it means the end of Sosaria as I know it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*hides behind blackrock*

Atleast if it goes, I want it to be as quick as possible.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Collect both Smith and Tailoring. Save only the ones that give +20 PS, +60 ASH, PoF, barbed runic, horned runic, bronze runic or better and tailoring bods that give lvl 4/5 cloth (if I am going to do an exchange it is going to be for cloth that I want/need).

All high end smith rewards are to hard to get. Been playing for four years. Have had six crafters(this includes everyone in family) most of that time. I think we have one piece for a valorite runic. Finally got all the pieces for a gold runic last fall. Haven't made enough things with smith runics to say what is worth it and what is not.

As for tailoring rewards. Barbed runics are a real hit and miss on there worth. Sometimes you get one maybe two real nice pieces other times you end up with 15 mediocre pieces. Horned runics the best you can hope for is a good mediocre piece or two. A spined runic is not worth the time or resources. That being said if you allowed tailors there GM bonus (like you do smiths with the DI). It would make even the spined runic useful IMO .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
1. Mainly Tailoring these days, although sometimes I get the itch to do some Smith. I do Tailoring because its easy enough to get cloth without having to spend a huge amount of money. I can't afford to keep buying all those iron ingots (not to mention the colored ingots) and mining them all takes a lot longer than shearing some sheep, spinning wool, and then setting up a UOAssist macro to turn my yarn into cloth.

2. Too hard: any of the high-end smith rewards. I've had a couple of gold hammers, and even once got a +15 ash, but I've never seen higher than that.
Too easy: None of them really. To get anything good, you really have to invest some time and effort.
Most useful: Barbed kits (I never use them, I just sell them), PoF, and Clothing Bless deeds.
Least useful: Stretched hide deeds (does ANYONE actually use these things? People don't even use the daily rare stretched hide - I've picked them up from the bank after server up on many occasions!), any gloves less than +5, spined runic kits.

3. How many bods do you collect/turn in each day?
Depends on the day really. Some days I don't do any, some days that's all I'll do. When I do turn-ins, I usually do about 50 at a time, turn all those in for new bods, fill the junk iron/cloth, turn those in for more, lather, rinse, repeat. When I do turn them in, I go through maybe 300 or so.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
1. Both
2. Agapite/verite/valorite hammers (only had one aggie since bods began)
The rewards i don't want or need like stretched hides, spine rsk,
dullcopper, copper, shadow, bronze hammers.
The most useful are barb rsk, verite/valorite hammers, powder of fortification, clothing bless deeds, prospector's tool.
The least useful are spined/horned kits, shovels/picks, 105/110/115 scrolls, stretched hides, sandals, lower grade hammers.
3. 10 to 20 per day.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I do mostly Tailoring bods, leathers preferred and it's pretty hard to get some of them filled. I have around 20 books of bods. At least half of them are 'junk bods' meaning they are weapons bods that get me low end items. I do like getting pickaxes to use.... I have too many pickaxes to ever use and end up throwing out a lot of the low bods.

I do my Smith bods to get Powder of Fortify. I have gotten a Large high end bod of Smith or Tailoring completed two or three times in 5 years.... The increased ability to get bods is great and I notice more of the good ones are coming my way recently. I keep wondering if it has anything to do with the time of day I go for them. Been trying to fill a barbed large for almost a year now and still can't find the last piece.

I get 4 or 5 of each type when I get on to go for bods. I make up the 'junk ones' to turn in in hope of getting one of those elusive parts I have been searching out. I don't go shopping for them... can't bring myself to pay 25k or more for a bod that will likely either not fininsh my large or give me a good reward either.

I HATE prospectors tools and give them right back to the blacksmith every time. Runics need more uses per kit, both Tailor and Smith. It's almost not worth the ore or leather to use the low end ones.

The best rewards I have gotten were the one Barbed Kit I got late last year, and a Golden Anvil over a year ago.

I have way the heck and gone too many stretched hides, but I can't bring myself to throw them away.. that is going to have to change, house is getting too full. It would be nice to get Bless Deeds for Smithing as well as for Tailored items... and in fact, as a real high end, maybe a Bless for items.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I used to do both the tailoring and smithy deeds on a regular basis, and have been doing them since bods started. In that many years, I have never gotten anything higher than a bronze runic hammer, in the smithy deeds. I have gotten a few barbed runic kits in the tailor bods. It seems that with the smithy deeds you used to get many more larges than smalls. With the tailoring bods, it seems almost impossible to get any larges but the cloth ones. I used to have maybe ten tailors and five smiths,as I do have alot of accounts, but now I only have 7 tailors I play regularly, and the almost always just get junk bods, that I would have to fill , so I could turn them in and get more, then my hands get all cramped up from all the filling of the cloth deeds, just to maybe get the few good ones, for turning in maybe 300 junk ones, and still hardly any larges, other than cloth. Usefull rewards are barbed kits, clothing bless deeds, and I used to like the rugs and tapestry's, until I had way way to many. least usefull are the streched hides and spined runics. I agree about the blacksmithy hope for a armor or weapon bless deed, I may even start filling mine again to try and get one of those. I almost always just get weapons junk deeds,from the smiths, and just throw them down. I usually only fill smithy deeds if I need fortify powder now. I have hundreds of deeds in books in two houses, I just get burned out, on the ratio, of anything worth while, and take a break from my crafters for a month or two. Least usefull smithy rewards are picaxes , dull copper, and shadow runics. most usefull are fortify powder, ancient hammers," I did finally get one 30" and bronze runic. Of course I have never had higher than bronze. I hope I didn't ramble to much with my answer:embarasse This is kind of a sore spot with me, because I have done it so long, with no better results. Thanks for listening.:)

Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen

Blessed to have great friends in UO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I too have tons of bod's, both smith and tailoring. It seems to me that there is one illusive piece I can't get to fill a large bod. I would like to see an increase in odds on getting a colored anvil, and bless deeds for armor and weapons would be great as well. Also you could give a large amount of ingots. I don't use the gargolye pickaxes, nor gloves under +5. I do use small bod's to get shovels or pickaxes with 200 on them. I think the best things I recieved as rewards was a shadow anvil and a gold hammer.

Tailoring I do like the bear rugs, tapestry and bless deeds. I get so many spined bod's I give them away. I do small bods for the cloth and to get new bod's only. Perhaps a good idea would be to give away things like regular rugs, special leather gorgets, gloves, arms, tunics, legs and hats.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Perhaps a good idea would be to give away things like regular rugs, special leather gorgets, gloves, arms, tunics, legs and hats.

I really like this idea!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bod, collectors, questions, wilkie