Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Magic resisit

- - - - - magic resisit

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Craig

Craig

wanna be mage/tamer of europa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Can someone tell me how gain my magic resisit i got to 25 by poisioning then cure but i am not gaining any more what should i do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
weaken and feeblemind should get you all the way to 120....

Borga

Borga

Pally's ftw!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
And once you hit about 50%-60%, train with protection spell on you.
It lowers your skill in resist so therefore you get better gains.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
what if you're not a mage? is there any way to train resist besides having someone cast on you?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Yes. But you will probably not like it. You have to do it the old fashion way. Have MoB's cast on you. It will raise just takes a long time.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
You don't even need to cast feeblemind on yourself, just use weaken and as far as if you're not a mage, why don't you put it on your mage (if you have one) and cast on yourself then stone it off to the toon who needs it.

Otherwise, I dunno.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats what I did. I did it on my chiv/mage for 3 characters. After a while, you start fizzling on yourself, you remove curse, then go at it again.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
duh never thought of stoning it off.. i actually have 68 magery sitting on a stone somewhere... thanks!

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Can someone tell me how gain my magic resisit i got to 25 by poisioning then cure but i am not gaining any more what should i do?

it gets stuck at 25.0 , use a ring or something to raise it up, then cast feeblemind on yourself .

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Cast weaken :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
all i know is the last time i trained resist it took me 1 day to gm...

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Ok, so I'm having major problems training resist right now.

I've got resist at 70.7. I cast protection, like suggested above, which brings me down to 36.7. I am now casting weaken and feeblemind to my heart's content, and I haven't even gained .1 in the past half an hour! I would think with resist in the 30's, it should be flying up, at least till 50, right? What am I doing wrong?

Kylana

Stoneman

Stoneman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
also, if you are a human with mondains legacy, you have 20 base magery, so you just need an lrc suit and a book with the spells to cast weaken, feeblemind and clumsy

WittyLizard

WittyLizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok, so I'm having major problems training resist right now.

I've got resist at 70.7. I cast protection, like suggested above, which brings me down to 36.7. I am now casting weaken and feeblemind to my heart's content, and I haven't even gained .1 in the past half an hour! I would think with resist in the 30's, it should be flying up, at least till 50, right? What am I doing wrong?

Kylana

Try taking Protection off. Seems that once you get to a certain level, Protection doesn't help (if it ever did). Got to GM (and beyond) on a number of characters w/o Protection after 50 or so.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I had guildmates casting on me. With 3 mages casting, and a pally to occasionally remove curse, I went from 25 to 110 in about 3 hours.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
OK, I've trained this over the weekend. I went from 0-115. Here's how to do it.

I have 2 computers and two accounts, so its easier for me. But you can simply cast on your self.

Cast Weaken, Feeblemind and Clumbsy, in no particular order. You gain slightly faster if you alternate the spells. So set up a macro to cast all 3 in turn. Simply using one spell takes forever.

Cast the 3 spells until you hit 35, then cast protection on yourself. This will allow you to gain a further 25 points. Your natural skill will now be at 60. After 60, you will not gain, using a 110 eval mage. Remove protection, at a natural 60 Resisting Spells. Continue to cast the same 3 spells all the way to whatever skill you want. I'm not sure why this happens at 60 skill, there seems to be no reason for it. But it happens. It took me about 6 hours to get form 0-115 using only one mage casting. I used lich form, and never lost any mana, so you only need 8 MR. In lich form, you don't need to heal when you get to 0 health. You won't die, providing your in your house with the door shut. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
If you are human, you have enough magery to cast first circle spells very well. If you are an Elf, then you will fizzle sometimes with no real magery, but you can still attempt casting. I have noticed no difference in high eval or not. It is the casting of the spell, not how 'hard' it hits that seems to matter. I also havn't noticed a noticable differance in switching the spells around. For training pets or PCs, just same spell over and over again. I cast feeblemind but about any resistable spell works.
Many ways will work as you might have read to this point, this is just how I have done it successfully many times..

Cast protection so your magic resist would be at -30 to -35. It will still be 0 either way if that is where you are starting from. Keep your UO skills gump up with show real to make sure it is working, but with protection on and low skill start the feeblemind spam. When your adjusted skill shows at 25 skill, take off protection. You should now be at 55 to 60 (depending on your Inscription skill. Every 20 inscribe drops the protection penalty to magic resist 1.0) From this point, just get spammed on some more. You don't have to move, you don't have to remove curse when you hit a skill breaking new level (will explain what I mean in a little about this) You don't need multiple targets casting on you, even though mathematically, that would help. As long as you have the mana, lrc/regs, and the spell to cast; you can do it easily.
Now to explain the lack of need to remove curse when hitting a level of ten, like 70.0 80.0 90.0 ... You will hear the caster fizzle when you hit these levels because it is calculating your new magic resist to their eval with the former spell already in effect. They are still casting the spell. You are still attempting to resist the spell. You really do not have to remove curse or wait for the old spell to wear off unless that fizzle sound just really bothers you. One of the fun tricks is actually to make sure someone has higher EvalIntel then you and cast the same spell they are casting so you do not 'flag' as an aggressor. This will keep you from being limited on the cool down timer before you can leave if something else happens to be going on.

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I couldn't get the thing with Protection to work for me at all. I was at about 70 real skill, and cast it so I went down to 35. I didn't gain ANYTHING. So, I turned Protection off, spammed Weaken, and it finally took me up to 100 this morning. Yay! Now to go stone it off and put it on my necro/archer....

Kylana

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Congrads!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Train resist from one of the mages at Luna, cast protection, spam weaken on yourself till you're at real level 60. Take protection off, spam weaken on yourself, you'll be 120 resist in no time. Weaken alone will take you up there, no need to alternate between spells.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, resisit