Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

stat question

- - - - - question stat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
the stats that you have for your character - strg/dex/int

and then the the others magery/archery/necro so on and so forth...

are they related - i mean for your whole point total - do they both get added as one or are they separate?

the stats that are for your character strg/dex/int - do they have caps?

and if ones too high - can you lower - besides just pointing the arrow downwards of course? it seems like the ones i have pointed down never go down....very frustrating.

hope that all makes sense.:huh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
They are seperate. The max capped for stats (int/dex/str) is 255 this is by eating a +25 stat scroll and gettin a free +5 for having a 6 month old account.

If you are working any skill your stat will raise every 15 min with a max of 12 per day.
Posted Image

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
Skills (magery, chivalry, swordsmanship, etc.) and Stats (int, dex, str) won't drop until the total caps for each have been met. Until then, you can lock skills to ensure that others raise, but you can't actively drop a skill or stat until the cap has been reached.

Posted Image

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
so i have to wait until the cap has been reached in order for the other stats to drop to where i would like them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
yes, so for now just lock it
Posted Image

hunterlaskey

hunterlaskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
this is my first time posting here. I have a character that is at 245 points, so I am assuming that at some point I must have used a +15 stat scroll. Everything seems to be good on that side however I am looking at my stats compared to others that posted theirs and mine seems to be alot less.

Also I have about 121 points in strength but only 111 points in hp, should these two numbers balance out? The only thing I can think of is that I have a bonus to str, that does not apply to the hit points. Is this correct?

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
the formula in game for hit points in (str / 2) + 50.

You can reach a soft cap of 125 str, you can then hit the hard cap of 150 str with use of str bonus items. at 150 str your hitpoints will be 125. (150 / 2) +50 = 125

you can then use items that give hit point increase to the hard cap of +25 to give you 150 hit points.

People who have 255 stat points have gotten 5 extra from the account being 6 months or older and have also eaten a +25 stat scroll. These are a drop fro the Harrower which can only be spawned by way of using a skull which is obtained by each of the champion spawn champions. Needless to say this item is rather difficult to obtain via the normal method. You may find a vendor in Luna or someone selling on general chat offering a +25 stat scroll. They usually run about 6 million gold. It worth getting all the stats you can, but it comes at a price.

hunterlaskey

hunterlaskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I see, I thought str always equaled hp. That explains alot then. Thank you very much mcNuge.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Skills have "stats" attached to them, such as, for example, Macing has str and dex attached to it, meaning you will get gains in strength, first, and dex, secondly doing Macing.
If your wanting mana (intel), Macing would not be a good skill to use to get that stat to raise.
Make sure your using the correct skill attached to the correct first "stat" in order to get it to raise.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Hello,
this is my first time posting here.

A warm welcome to UOForums hunterlaskey.You will find everyone here very helpful. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hunterlaskey

hunterlaskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

A warm welcome to UOForums hunterlaskey.You will find everyone here very helpful. :)

Yes, I have noticed this before I even joined. Thank you all, so very much.

percivalgoh

percivalgoh

Percival

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
If you are trying to quickly alter your stats you can stone off a skill and train in one that gains what stat you want then once your stats are where you want them stone off that skill and back on the one you want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, stat