Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My Current Build

- - - - - build current

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Chris686

Chris686

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I'm fairly new back into UO (About 6-7 years off, and now back for my fifth day :)). I'm unfamiliar with what would be a good build. This is going to be a PvM toon.

This is what I'm working with right now:

Magery: 90.3
Eval: 89.7
Med: 97
Necro: 32.8 (Not trained yet obviously)
Poisoning: 62.4
Resist: 51
Spirit Speak: 26.4

This is the build I am planning at the moment. Looking for some guidance from the more experienced players.

Poisoning I'm interested in only because I think it would be fun to have. Is it really worth it for a PvM or am I wasting my time? I mean, I'd like to have it, but if it's not really going to help me much as a PvM I'll replace it with something else. It's really been a pain to raise it up too :P

What are some ideas as to what skills I should be raising above 100? I was thinking something like 120 Magery, 80 Poison would be nice because I can't fizzle and I can still deadly poison on occasion. Any other suggestions?

Also, on an unrelated topic: Is it actually possible to kill those blackrock elementals? They seem to regenerate health faster than it's possible to take down.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
The only one I can answer accurately is the last question. NO :)
Those black rock elementals are almost impossible to kill, I think you need a large group to take them down and they loot is stinky!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If you really plan on just PvM. Drop resist and scroll out your other skills and put the last 20 points into what ever you would like.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Chris686

Chris686

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

If you really plan on just PvM. Drop resist and scroll out your other skills and put the last 20 points into what ever you would like.

Vepl

So is resist not something worth having?

I would think a PvM player could really use resist.

*Edit... Nvm, I think this answers my question:
Question - Can all spells be resisted ?
Answer - No. The Resisting Spells skill may only defend against non-damaging offensive spells (Blood Oath, Clumsy, Corpse Skin, Curse, Feeblemind, Mana Drain, Mana Vampire, Mind Rot, Pain Spike, Paralyze, Poison, Poison Field, and Weaken).

So you believe poison could be useful?

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Its pretty similar to my Necro. I have:

110 Magery, Med, Eval
105 Necro & SS
100 Inscription
80 Poisoning

It works pretty well, but the poisoning is a recent addition so I cant testify to its usefulness in PvM. I trained it up on a Stealther Ninja that I was going to put Fencing on but decided against it...

Before the poisoning I had 80 Focus for the extra Mana Regen and in Lich form it was pretty ridiculous how quick my Mana would regen....

Posted Image

Chris686

Chris686

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Ah, now I hate myself for putting 50 points into resist. It used to be an essential.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Most people say it still is for a PvP Char....its worth throwing it on a Soulstone fragment for later use...

Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Having poisoning on a pvm template is useful for poison fields when surrounded by a ton of monsters. Drop resist, and just make sure you have enough str that you can still wear everything you need if you get cursed, cause when you do get cursed it's going to hurt bad. Have a trapped box in case you get paralyzed by a monster, and use the staff of the magi or swords of prosperity as your weapon if things get too close to you.

Borga

Borga

Pally's ftw!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You should think of adding music + disco/peace/provo to your template.
Then you could solo some harder mobs aswell.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I like this build for PvM

120 peace
120 music
100 necro
100 ss
100 mage
100 eval
80 med

That is a good toon for Champ spawns and stuff, you can also go with:

120 mage
120 vet
120 eval
120 spellweaving
120 taming
120 lore
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build, current