Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

So Many Memories

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

So may years ago... feeling nostalgic.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

You are just old!

:P

• callumf likes this

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Still dream of everyone getting back together again !
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Ridaran - Elf with attitude

The Warband of Imladris - LOTRO

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Have you checked out Shroud of the Avatar yet? Thats the spiritual 3d upgrade to UO

Posted Image

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
No not yet is it actually a fully functioning game or still in development ? I do glance in its direction occasionally but all seems rather "work in progress" ?
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

I still have hopes for Shards aka Legends of Aria - Mostly as it will be modable and people can modify rules, area monsters and so on.

Not sure if any mmo is able to do a storyline without questing.

But maybe if ... if Broadswords gets their "Endless journey" thing going more people would check back again.

They said they would announce it this year ... but maybe it died like the payment website upgrade. :P

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Not heard of the Endless journey thing whats their plan with that ?
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

No not yet is it actually a fully functioning game or still in development ? I do glance in its direction occasionally but all seems rather "work in progress" ?

Its still in development but quite good fun. You have to pay for the priviledge of testing it but it really does look nice and play well. Also, yes whats with this Endless Journey thing?

Posted Image

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Mesanna mentioned it in an interview 1-2 years ago.

Guesses are it would be an unlimited trial account. So no housing, no higher ore or going to fel, but you could keep a character.

• callumf likes this

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Ok, Iljian made me look it up.

Interview about UO September 2016, about 29 Minutes in they mention endless journey sort of an unlimited trial account for sometime 2017

http://directory.lib...ndex/id/4636762

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Its still in development but quite good fun. You have to pay for the priviledge of testing it but it really does look nice and play well. Also, yes whats with this Endless Journey thing?

Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Well have decided to dip my toe into Shroud - only played a couple of hours yesterday but must say it shows alot of promise even in its current state..
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

I still hope for shards - Legends of Aria now.

They seem to work on a more streamlined UO version.

Shards is going into Alpha 3 in am onth again.

World is a lot bigger - Isometric view - Housing - and Devs seem to want to make a new UO version (I would probably prefer an UO - NWN version. They want to curb pking with safe zones like EVE has.

Will see.

But best of shards is that you can get the server code and host/modify your own server and one dev develops modding tools

• callumf likes this

Jessie

Jessie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Callum, old friend.

Don't tell me you have Shroud of the Avatar. I kickstarted it when it first appeared, and am yet to even touch it.

You give me reason to get it installed...