Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Who is still checking this forum?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
I still check in from time to time and even occasionally contemplate trying to resurrect my account (no idea how). I suspect if I did it would be a very melancholy experience too see what the game is now compared to the glory days or am I wrong in that ?

In the mean time Gorthyn is currently exploring the world of Elder Scrolls Online and wishing the clock could be turned back around 10 years !
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Ridaran - Elf with attitude

The Warband of Imladris - LOTRO

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Wow Gorth! I might try Elder Scrolls sometime. I am currently in Neverwinter online. Its kind of fun.

Were you in the original Soul Protectors Guild with Salazar? We used to meet in a small castle and stand on the roof and talk ooc most of the time?

Oh and dont go back to UO its so dead its unbelievable.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Gorthyn

Gorthyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Hello Cal,

ESO is pretty good especially with the One Tamriel update which makes it essentially open world and not level locked like most of these games these days. If you try hard enough it sort of feels like UO in that regards ! Actually ESO settings feels like it could accomodate a Shadow Court style guild (or Shadow Court itself !) Though thats probably wishful thinking !

Yes I was in Soul Protectors in fact I was the original GM of that guild in its previous Green Gladiators/Vesper Gladiators incarnations.

Salazar was one of the first folk I met in game up above Minoc where the monsters used to spill out of the mountains ? Happy days.

Often wonder where everyone is from SCT, only others I know of are Decardo and Cherry who I believe are still playing LOTRO which I got bored of quite a while ago.

Sounds like UO is a no go then - always makes me feel sad which is daft as its just a game but the good old days really were pretty special.
Gorthyn
Of The Shadow Court
Posted Image

Ridaran - Elf with attitude

The Warband of Imladris - LOTRO

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I suspect if I did it would be a very melancholy experience too see what the game is now compared to the glory days or am I wrong in that ?

If you want to be around a lot of people you would probably have to move to a more populated shard, such as Atlantic.

It also depends why you stopped playing in the first place.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Hello Cal,

ESO is pretty good especially with the One Tamriel update which makes it essentially open world and not level locked like most of these games these days. If you try hard enough it sort of feels like UO in that regards ! Actually ESO settings feels like it could accomodate a Shadow Court style guild (or Shadow Court itself !) Though thats probably wishful thinking !

Yes I was in Soul Protectors in fact I was the original GM of that guild in its previous Green Gladiators/Vesper Gladiators incarnations.

Salazar was one of the first folk I met in game up above Minoc where the monsters used to spill out of the mountains ? Happy days.

Often wonder where everyone is from SCT, only others I know of are Decardo and Cherry who I believe are still playing LOTRO which I got bored of quite a while ago.

Sounds like UO is a no go then - always makes me feel sad which is daft as its just a game but the good old days really were pretty special.

I did get a FB friend request from Muldran a few years ago and there is a group on there of ex UO role players from Europa but I left the group after a while. I dont knwo what happened to Salazar he just disappeared from UO one day back when most of us were still playing. I heard Kendrick had some real life issues and problems. And yes they were special days.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K