Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Who is still checking this forum?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Was just wondering.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

bbobccat

bbobccat

member of the Beetle Riders of Britannia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSoCal

I check this forum once in a while.  Don't you get statistics on logins?

Loki (Pacific)

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

I take a quick look almost daily - for nostalgia reasons and just in case something exciting is announced :)

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

:) Daily check in :)

• Lord Nabin likes this

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Topic viewed 35 times, but only 3 replies?!?!?!

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Topic viewed 35 times, but only 3 replies?!?!?!

Sometimes it's better to not breech a topic, especially when for all intents and purposes, there are only 3 of us that know what kind of traffic we're seeing, where it's coming from, etc.  And while it's a safe bet that LC isn't making a dime off of this, he still feels it's worth it to spend his money keeping it going.  And in the long run, that's all that matters - the door is still open, and the lights are on.

• Lord Nabin likes this

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Still using UOForums.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

I'm still around and checking daily - except yesterday :D

• Lord Nabin likes this
Posted Image

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Sometimes it's better to not breech a topic, especially when for all intents and purposes, there are only 3 of us that know what kind of traffic we're seeing, where it's coming from, etc.  And while it's a safe bet that LC isn't making a dime off of this, he still feels it's worth it to spend his money keeping it going.  And in the long run, that's all that matters - the door is still open, and the lights are on.

But not many people are home, sadly. I just cant bring myself to download and login to UO as it evokes such happy memories tinged with bittersweet memories of what we had and how we managed to throw it all away over petty arguments and general stupidity on the parts of people who should have known better. UO also ate up way too much of my life at a time when I should have been playing less. But these forums replaced the mighty f4g.net which will ever live on in my memories.

Posted Image

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

But not many people are home, sadly. I just cant bring myself to download and login to UO as it evokes such happy memories tinged with bittersweet memories of what we had and how we managed to throw it all away over petty arguments and general stupidity on the parts of people who should have known better. UO also ate up way too much of my life at a time when I should have been playing less. But these forums replaced the mighty f4g.net which will ever live on in my memories.

It's a sad truth about all MMO's.  They, and their communities, get old.  They move on, or they pass on, or they simply give up and give out.  There's always those that stick around forever, and there's always those that peek in from the fringes and then get back on the road again.  It almost sounds like a metaphor for life, doesn't it? :)

The best we can do is keep the doors open, the lights on, and the welcome sign out by the front door, and attempt to keep some of the tenants from peeing on the carpet and scribbling on the walls with red Sharpies.  It's kind of sad that things have more or less become a repository for memories, but that's just part of the cycle of things.  That's all it is for me.  I own all of the software, x2.  I can't, nor will I, support the company running UO because of certain members of their staff.  It's that simple.  So I will continue in my never ending routine of stopping folks from trying to pee on the carpet.

• callumf likes this

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

It's a sad truth about all MMO's.  They, and their communities, get old.  They move on, or they pass on, or they simply give up and give out.  There's always those that stick around forever, and there's always those that peek in from the fringes and then get back on the road again.  It almost sounds like a metaphor for life, doesn't it? :)

The best we can do is keep the doors open, the lights on, and the welcome sign out by the front door, and attempt to keep some of the tenants from peeing on the carpet and scribbling on the walls with red Sharpies.  It's kind of sad that things have more or less become a repository for memories, but that's just part of the cycle of things.  That's all it is for me.  I own all of the software, x2.  I can't, nor will I, support the company running UO because of certain members of their staff.  It's that simple.  So I will continue in my never ending routine of stopping folks from trying to pee on the carpet.

Me and you both. I cant really support the current UO owning company either for various reasons. And yes its a metaphor for life - i no longer spike my hair up [if I had any!] and dress like an anarchist punk rocker like i did in 1984. Change is inevitable.

And yes the evolution of all MMOs is interesting, there is an academic essay in this somewhere - the lifecycle of an MMO, what makes for longevity in an MMO?

For me its all about the ethos of the company who runs/owns the MMO - i see idiots ruining all sorts of great MMos over the past three or four years. And what abotu those MMOs with such high hopes that died on their feet upon release? Tabula Rasa anyone?

http://igcritic.com/...-games-of-2016/

Posted Image

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I'm still here, though my time to check the forum definitely isn't daily or multiple times daily.

I have seen a huge increase in posts on various UO groups on Facebook. Perhaps it's just a change with the times.

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Still checking out the forums almost daily, but not a lot of news to read about.

I am still awaiting UO's big announcement they said 1 or 2 years ago ....

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

What announcement was that Kaelyn?

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

was?

It has yet to be announced!

Just that it will be great!

My guess is the endless journey? Unlimited trial - maybe free to play? maybe already cancelled?

Endless journey was once mentioned in an interview then never confirmed.

Maybe UO 2?

Mesanna said it last year ago that a big announcement would come, but then all was quiet.

It is EA such stuff takes a few years.

:P

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Like the new account management we were supposed to get two years ago and we're still suffering with the old one?

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Or the official forums we were supposed to get 5 years ago?

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

So I check by what some friends are doing, though it seems people post less and less.

And EA/Broadsword has some decent ideas (Vanity item shop after almost 20 years), tough still not enough to bring people back.

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Free to play is the only way back for UO and that isnt goign to happen.

Posted Image

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

I am not sure there is a way back for UO.

My 500+ Steam games say no and the hundreds of MMOS do not make things easier.

The non levelbased mmos try to push the boundaries.

Shards with - make your own server - and we try to be oldschool UO

Ashes of creation promises a living world.

Chronicles of Elyria also tries something different.

They all try to do dynamic stuff as they noticed that if you are not wow you cannot add as many quests as people use up.

I expected more dynamic stuff from guildwars 2

Even PvP darkfall comes back with 2 different community projects.

So that leaves UO ... where?

Iljian tries to do a rp story with the EM in UO - will see how that goes :)

Still no one writing about it does not help!

Me I do a bit UO if Iljian asks and I miss roleplaying.

I still hope for shards....but it is still very rough ... I expect steam release to be a bit bumpy :P

• callumf likes this