Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What expansions do I need?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bawble

Bawble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

So far I downloaded the client from Broadsword. 

I also activated a monthly subcritption. So I'm no long playing on a trial account. 

So the game as it is now; I'm assuming I'll be able to continue playing. 

But, what other expansions are recommended. Should I eventually buy Stygian Abyss, Time of Legends and High Seas?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

You should totally upgrade to both Stygian Abyss and Time of Legends. Only upgrade to High Seas if you plan to do a lot with boats and have a fisher.  Other than that, I wouldn't bother with High seas.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

If you don't already have Stygian Abyss you will want that and Time of Legends. As Kayhynn said, High Seas can be optional.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Bawble

Bawble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thank you all for the answers, Can someone tell me what I currently have when I downloaded the enhanced client from uo.com. I don't think that comes with Stygian Abyss; but I want to make sure before I buy it from the store.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

If you upgraded from a trial account, you are missing the following:

Stygian Abyss: Gargoyle Race, Throwing, Mysticism, and Imbuing as well as access to Ter Mur and the Stygian Abyss Dungeon

High Seas: Access to the new larger ships and pirate hunting as well as fishing stuff which I'm totally unfamiliar with

Time of Legends: Access to Eodon as well as to Skill Masteries.  Furthermore, each new publish seems to release new content in these lands which is where you'll find the bulk of the players these days as they enjoy the latest thing.

Smaller Entitlements:

Rustic Theme: Rustic house tile set, a few rustic item that can be made by crafters, and the ability to place New Magincia vendors

Gothic Theme: Gothic house tile set, a few gothic items that can be made by crafters, and the ability to place New Magincia vendors

One of the Old Anniversary Editions (I forget exactly which one, I think the 8th year): Crystal and Shadow House Tile Set (You'd probably have to find an unopened copy of this through Amazon)

I think I got just about everything.  Others can chime in and elaborate or if you have specific questions, I'll try and answer.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Yes, the easiest way to check if your have Stygian Abyss is to try and create a new character as a Gargoyle. If you only see the Human and Elf options you do not have Stygian Abyss.

CC_character_creation_screen.jpg

• Kayhynn likes this

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!