Ok I have a few more questions. I went to Origin's webpage this morning and bought a 1 month sub. I'm assuming that I have to wait for an email to get my code. 

When I get my code I'm assuming that there will be a link in my email for me to use my code?

So There is obviously a lot for me to learn. But to start with, I would just like the basics i.e.; UI setup, macro's etc... Where is the best place for me to go to learn all the basics. 

I'm also only interested in crafting for the time being. I'm starting off with mining, smithing and tinkering. 

Is there a good guide that can show me what I should do? I have forgotten about how many skill points I can allocate etc.. Do I need to raise magic so I can port around and make gates etc....

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

I chose the Enhanced client. Thank you for the replies. I've been googling and finding a lot of good info. You all also have given me some good links. I don't expect to get up to speed quickly but this is a good start. Heavy learning curve, which is to be expected. Thank you both. 

I think I'm just going to start on Atlantic. From what I've seen there are housing spots open; obviously not in Luna but there are lots available so I'm good. Plus it has the best ping rate for me. 

Now it's just the matter of playing and finding some friends. :)

I still haven't gotten my subscription code though... does that usually take a whille?