Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Player

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bawble

Bawble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Ok I have a few more questions. I went to Origin's webpage this morning and bought a 1 month sub. I'm assuming that I have to wait for an email to get my code. 

When I get my code I'm assuming that there will be a link in my email for me to use my code?

So There is obviously a lot for me to learn. But to start with, I would just like the basics i.e.; UI setup, macro's etc... Where is the best place for me to go to learn all the basics. 

I'm also only interested in crafting for the time being. I'm starting off with mining, smithing and tinkering. 

Is there a good guide that can show me what I should do? I have forgotten about how many skill points I can allocate etc.. Do I need to raise magic so I can port around and make gates etc....

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Blimey! =)

A new player in UO.

Stratics is a useful place to go for advice as well as here, Petra is very helpful here.

UOguide.com could be worthwhile.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

The UO website also has a wiki with a lot of information that I believe Petra helped put into it and is a good starting point as well.

Are you using the CLassic or Enhanced client?

Bawble

Bawble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I chose the Enhanced client. Thank you for the replies. I've been googling and finding a lot of good info. You all also have given me some good links. I don't expect to get up to speed quickly but this is a good start. Heavy learning curve, which is to be expected. Thank you both. 

I think I'm just going to start on Atlantic. From what I've seen there are housing spots open; obviously not in Luna but there are lots available so I'm good. Plus it has the best ping rate for me. 

Now it's just the matter of playing and finding some friends. :)

I still haven't gotten my subscription code though... does that usually take a whille?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

It can take 2-3 days with a new credit card because they have to verify things. I don't understand why, but that seems to be the case of late.

Bawble

Bawble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Ok, again thank you for the prompt replies; no worries I'm in no hurry. I just can't get into general chat with a trial account is all.