Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A General Note on My Lack of Postings Here and on UOHomeDecor.com

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,574 posts

I haven't made this public yet on my website or on the Facebook page, but will be posting here first.

Before the castle decorating contest launched we knew my husband was going to have surgery to remove an aggressive cancerous tumor from his right ureter. It resulted in the loss of his right kidney as well. This all happened May 26 and in theory, removal of the offending bits would have solved the problem and everything would be hunky dory just minus a kidney and a tumor.

Life had other plans.

Two weeks after the surgery my husband was back in the hospital with a variety of issues which turned out to be "multiple lesions throughout the brain, too many to count." It was also in his lungs and potentially more elsewhere. They biopsied what was in the lungs and it turned out to be melanoma. Further tests later revealed the original tumor that was removed was also melanoma. Tests eventually showed it was a rare mutation not normally found in healthy individuals.

Today marks two months post diagnosis. My husband is 42. I'm turning 36 in a few days. During the last two months they have completed 14 treatments of whole brain radiation, started immunotherapy drugs and are trying to control the cancer as best as possible. Without treatment he had less than two weeks to live. With treatment, less than six months. With the immunotherapy treatments he may have longer, but how much longer is an uncertainty. 

To say the last two month have been chaotic would be an understatement. We have all the legal stuff done (will, living will, advanced medical directives, etc.). We are applying for disability, etc. for him while I continue to work full time and freelance.

Needless to say, my websites, including UOHomeDecor, UOForums and others, have understandably been pushed to the side while we deal with the more immediate issues and try to spend more quality time with him in what time he has left.

I just wanted to give an explanation of what's going on since it looks like I'm flaky right now (and I am.)

Thanks.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

*hugs* and prayers ... Sorry to hear what you are going through but of course family comes first! Thank you for letting us know and we be here for you Kayhynn.

bbobccat

bbobccat

member of the Beetle Riders of Britannia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSoCal

I completely understand the need to focus on your husband and do everything possible to get the most out of whatever time you can get. We recently lost our oldest daughter to an extremely aggressive form of colon cancer, she was only 51.  Unfortunately, immuno-therapy was not an option for her. If it had been she might have had more than 4 months, and it might have been with a better quality of life. I'm praying for the immuno-therapy to work well for your husband. *HUGS*

Loki (Pacific)

Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

So sorry to hear this.

Thoughts and prayers for all of y'all.  

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

SO sorry to hear this. No words can express the sadness. Just try and keep as happy as you all can.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

SirBryanus123

SirBryanus123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

My prayers are with you both in this time. God bless you both 

Firefly

Firefly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationArkansas

So very sorry to hear this.  I've been through this with my mother and to a degree with my husband.  Sending good thoughts your way!  I love your UOHomeDecor site and just wanted to express how much I still refer to your site and my hopes for a good outcome on what you and your family are going through.  

• Kayhynn likes this

"A girl gives a man his own name?" 

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,574 posts

Unfortunately, the doctors have made it very clear there won't be a good outcome to this. All we can hope for is that when it decides to no longer be controlled by the drugs that it is quick and relatively painless - or less painful than he's been in off and on. It sucks, but it's something all of us have come to accept. We know it's going to come, sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,574 posts

A very quick update as i have little time right now.

My husband was taken to hospice yesterday. We thought expenses were covered, now it's sounding like something may not be due to working with the VA.  We're hoping it gets resolved, but we still have expenses coming in from the previous issues and deductible being reset this year.

Any help is greatly appreciated and as people have asked how they can help in the past, here's a link: https://www.mealtrai...m/trains/822m8n

If you would prefer paypal donations, they can be made via this link: https://paypal.me/GraceSnoke

If you donate, thank you so very much. I don't know if I'll have time to make personal thank yous, but please leave a note as to your forum name so I can when I Have time.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,574 posts

My husband ended up passing Friday morning. Funeral is Wednesday. It has been a whirlwind dealing with the military and getting everything paid for and set up for the funeral.

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

My husband ended up passing Friday morning. Funeral is Wednesday. It has been a whirlwind dealing with the military and getting everything paid for and set up for the funeral.

My deepest condolences, Grace.  At least it was mostly quick, so there's at least that as a blessing.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

My condolences. Sad news.

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Very sorry to hear this.  It's never easy to lose a loved one...just know that we are all here for you and thinking of you.