Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Beginning all over again, need some guidance

- - - - - new old help advice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tenamw

Tenamw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone. Its been about 14 years since ive played and im wanting to get back in. However with time ive lost my knowledge on skills and basically even how to get started. Im testing out the 14 day trial to make sure I want to invest time and money. I created my mule with the basic blacksmith/tailor/tinker with the skills to build them up. But I cant help but feel I may be outdated with all the new stuff. I use my own tools and take my packhorse and mine for hours, use the ingots to build blacksmith/tinker. And create my own cloth for tailoring. I guess I am wanting advice if there is any on how to make it more "fun" and interesting. I noticed its a lot quieter too. Not much activity going on. Gets lonely sometimes. I sure do miss the excitement there once was while playing and want to rekindle the feelings. Guess im old school when it comes to the game but any reply or guidance would be helpful. Even suggestions on joining a guild or creating a better template. Thanks for your time. I am currently on the Pacific shard since moving to the West coast.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

You might consider doing BoDs to gain skill. The game is generally quieter, but one reason to see less people is the sheer amount of land they can be spread over. The main 'gathering' place on most shards its Luna, you could also call out in global chat, though trial accounts are restricted to the 'help' channel and the bulk of players more usually use the 'general' channel.

You might find these pages useful:

http://uo.com/wiki/u...urning-players/

http://uo.com/wiki/u.../blacksmithing/

http://uo.com/wiki/u...ills/tailoring/

http://uo.com/wiki/u...ills/tinkering/

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Welcome back!  What Petra said is great info.  The veterans of Pacific all use the General Channel of Global Chat to catch up with each other and you often hear about the impromptu hunts which get organized there.  These days, most of those are involved with the new lands of Eodon as Broadsword releases new content there with every patch.

Guild and alliance chat is another excellent way to keep in the loop about what is going on and it is accessible to trial accounts.  RAW is probably the largest most active guild right now, but I myself am leader of the Twilight Fellowship and manager of the RP Alliance and you'd be welcome to join us if you like.  Who do you play in-game?  My mains are Dav Stormgleam, Quenria, and Vaneistra though I play hundreds of other characters too.  =)

Tenamw

Tenamw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank you both for replying with helpful information. Petra I looked over the sites you suggested and they were very helpful. Although I think with me still being on the trial I cant do the Bod's yet. Im starting over on a new account, the one I used 14 yrs ago was mainly my brothers and I would like my own now.  Once im done with the trial or before, how should I go about officially joining the game? im playing on the Classic Client now, its what im use too. But always open to try something new.  Do I download the entire game or is it like before where I purchase a CD from a computer store and download?(ive been out the gaming circle for a while :) )     Sablestorm thank you as well for your offer on joining the guilds. I may just have to take you up on that.  Im really looking forward to playing again and could use all the advice I can get. My main character for now is my mule, Her name is Blythe.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

When you're ready to join, you can either buy a game time code from the Origin Store and apply it to your account or you can go straight to your account and click the subscribe option.  Getting the game code from the Origin Store gives you the option of buying EA cards from Target or Walmart (in the event you can only pay with cash).

Longtooths

Longtooths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

The Atlantic shard is the main shard as far as overall population. If you make it over there, hit me up and I'll get you set up. ICQ# 242966771

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, old, help, advice