Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

All GM Pages are Read

- - - - - gm pages read

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Posted on UO Stratics:

Player: Everyone's pages first get parsed by a script tool..

Wilki: That is not true. Every call is read by a human being in this very building.

As for scripting, we are working on addressing the problem.

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Sorry... can't resist...

Posted Image

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Wilki: That is not true. Every call is read by a human being in this very building.

I'm sorry, but I have a real hard time believing that. Not saying it flat-out isn't true, but in many cases, the response I get to my help request screams out "I didn't read your request, and I don't care".
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'll believe they read it, and also believe the second part of Deraj's theory on the response screaming "... I don't care."

Not because the GM's are [censored]s but because a lot of pages they get they either A. Can't do anything about, B. It's not a valid concern, C. They skim through the page and assume either A or B, or D. Don't have the time for a minor concern.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

I'll believe they read it, and also believe the second part of Deraj's theory on the response screaming "... I don't care."

Not because the GM's are [censored]s but because a lot of pages they get they either A. Can't do anything about, B. It's not a valid concern, C. They skim through the page and assume either A or B, or D. Don't have the time for a minor concern.

*agrees*

Personally, I've never had a GM NOT show up for me...but I've only ever paged on minor house problems or things I know they can fix.

Posted Image
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Yeah, think I paged maybe 3 times the entire time I've played and had a GM show up once, cancelled the page 'cause the problem was solved by the wonderful Eowyna Rohanna, and the 3rd time falls into the A and B categories.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I have rarely ever needed to page except for a name change or a stuck plant. But, when I have paged, its always been Sparkles or Icarus that showed up and they, as always, were spectacular and very friendly. Sparkles even played along with us when we RP'd a ceremony for a friend's name change including special effects and such. No complaints here. :)

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
In my almost 5 years on UO, I have paged GM maybe 6 times. 3 were given the 'write us' response, and 3 a GM showed up for. Once was for a guy who used a loophole to grab an unlocked item in our house, the second was a locked down backpack on the ground as if a house had fallen and left it... no house had been there the daybefore... and the 3d had to do with training my lumberjack... all were courteous and helpful.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I have had 2 face to face episodes with GMs.
Once was right after the special moves were added... was that with Aos? I can't remember now lol. Anyway, my thief was stuck in a special moves loop somehow. The first GM had to call in another GM, but they eventually got me fixed. Those two guys were great. Very nice, helpful, polite, and hard working from what I saw.

The second time wasn't good. My guild was out hunting, and some moron kept harassing us. So a few of the people paged in and complained. A GM came, and asked everyone what was going on. Then before we could answer he sqelched our entire guild for three hours, whether or not we had paged to begin with. Then he talked to the guy who was harassing us, and left. I have always wondered if they were friends, because the harassment only got worse, not just for us but for quite a few others as well.

Any other pages have always gotten the canned 'please refer to our website' response.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I wont call Wilki a liar.
I am sure that is what he is told just like us... but no, there's absolutely no way a GM reads each and every help request.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I think the most frustrating GM experience I've had was when a friend of mine purchased a castle, but the previous owner had left his guildstone. Now, both of us were well aware of how things work: double click the guildstone and get a gump to remove it.... but for some reason it didn't work. I paged twice, getting canned response both times telling me to read the website (in fact, I even read the website and got nothing new from it). Finally my friend paged and lo and behold, the GM showed up. He then proceeded to talk down to us like we didn't know how to use the internet and look stuff up (that is, he tried to explain how to find the webpage that explained the guildstone removal process), but we finally got through to him that a bug was preventing us from removing the darned guildstone.

The stone then flew across the screen and that, as they say, is that.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Can't remember how many times I've had to page a GM, but that doesn't mean they've been THAT numerous, hehe. Just had minor and major issues now and then. And every time I've gotten help or the answer I needed. Special cases being paging on scripters/exploiters, where I obviously can't be sure what was done since they don't tell us. But I at least saw the char in question go poof anyway.

All in all I'm happy with the service and am fairly sure most of the complaints come from people who ask GMs silly things and expect things from them which they can't do.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gm, pages, read