Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Returning (again): Questions About Bank/Gold

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bsrlin

Bsrlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

There have been some changes since I played last in 2014, and currently the changes to the bank and my bankbox/Gold need explaining to me:

When I open my Bankbox I do not see my Gold in the box...I have another window opening (in addition to the bankbox) which has options to move Gold/Platinum into & out of a Character Transfer account, as well as a Secure Account.  

Is the Gold amount indicated at the top of that window what I have currently in the "Secure Account", or just in the bankbox?

If I do not plan to put Gold into a "Wall Safe" in a house, do I need to move Gold into that Secure Account?  (My house & boat are gone, so won't be using the wall-safe, etc. for a bit).

Do I need to have Gold in my Backpack to make purchases from NPC's such as Innkeepers, etc., and if so how do I move Gold from my Bankbox to my character's inventory?  My memory is hazy regarding the House Placing Tool thingy, but do I need the funds in my Backpack to place the house again, or will it deduct it from the funds in the bank automatically?

I downloaded the enhanced client, if that matters in regards to how I interact with my currency.  If it is not functioning properly I can uninstall the game and get the classic client instead.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Bsrlin

Bsrlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

After a bit of searching, which I should've done first, I think I have basic grasp of what is happening with the Gold...please tell me if this is correct:

I have 3 characters on one account, and all the Gold they deposit into their respective Bankboxes becomes available in one account-wide fund, on that shard?

Purchases made from NPC's, etc. will be withdrawn from that account-wide fund, on that shard...so even if character #1 put in the majority of the funds, #2 and #3 could spend it (sort of like our real-world relations, ha-ha).

If I were to choose to transfer a character, I can choose how much Gold to transfer along with that character by way of the Transfer fund? That is a nice feature, in my opinion.

I was going to try to delete the original post, once I realized the information was out there to be found in the forums and I should've searched for it before posting questions, but will leave it in case others have the same question.  If a Moderator thinks there's too many similar questions/threads regarding this topic, it can be deleted.

• Kayhynn likes this

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Try this link, I think it explains it fairly clearly. http://uo.com/wiki/u...i/player/money/

• Kayhynn likes this
Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

You have the gist of it I believe.  Welcome back!  What shard are you playing?

• Kayhynn likes this

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I was going to try to delete the original post, once I realized the information was out there to be found in the forums and I should've searched for it before posting questions, but will leave it in case others have the same question.  If a Moderator thinks there's too many similar questions/threads regarding this topic, it can be deleted.

I think it's good. I think I need to create an FAQ thread with answers in it soon.