Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Is tamer/mage viable ?

8 replies to this topic

neohero

neohero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi,

I´m new and like to tame and magic stuff. i would like to know if a build/template of tamer/mage is viable?  

any advice or guide link for this kind of template ???

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I, personally, have two or three tamer mages so I think it's totally viable.

120 animal lore

120 vet

120 taming (can achieve with rings until you hit it naturally

100 med

120 eval int.

120 magery (can use less than this but 120 is nice to have)

You can get rid of eval int if you're only wanting to use magery to help with healing your pet on top of vet (which I've done regularly)

• Kylie Kinslayer likes this

neohero

neohero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I, personally, have two or three tamer mages so I think it's totally viable.

120 animal lore

120 vet

120 taming (can achieve with rings until you hit it naturally

100 med

120 eval int.

120 magery (can use less than this but 120 is nice to have)

You can get rid of eval int if you're only wanting to use magery to help with healing your pet on top of vet (which I've done regularly)

Ok, thank you for the advice !  should i level taming/magery first ? or is there any better order for get this template. ?

Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlantic - Umbra

I can't argue with that template. It is definitely a good one. But... once Spellweaving came out I began running a Mage/SW/Tamer and I love the heck out of that one. Especially when it comes to hitting the bosses around the land.

I run:

110 Taming

110 Lore

120 Eval

120 Magery

110 Med

120 Spellweaving

100 Vet

Total of 810 points. Easily achieved these days. I also carry a +15 Vet and +10 Tame/Lore ring that I slap on if I need additional stable slots or am actually taming critters. Using gift of renewal on GD's along with the Taming 3 mastery Consume Damage??? Sheshhh.. it's a TANK!! lol  Also, hitting the bosses for 600-700+ with Word of Death makes the fight go really quick towards the end. Not to mention as much as I die the Gift of Life has came in handy quite a few times ;) 

neohero

neohero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I can't argue with that template. It is definitely a good one. But... once Spellweaving came out I began running a Mage/SW/Tamer and I love the heck out of that one. Especially when it comes to hitting the bosses around the land.

I run:

110 Taming

110 Lore

120 Eval

120 Magery

110 Med

120 Spellweaving

100 Vet

Total of 810 points. Easily achieved these days. I also carry a +15 Vet and +10 Tame/Lore ring that I slap on if I need additional stable slots or am actually taming critters. Using gift of renewal on GD's along with the Taming 3 mastery Consume Damage??? Sheshhh.. it's a TANK!! lol  Also, hitting the bosses for 600-700+ with Word of Death makes the fight go really quick towards the end. Not to mention as much as I die the Gift of Life has came in handy quite a few times ;)

Hi,

like very solid !  but as a newplayer should i level straight taming for use pet as primary source of damage?  since i don´t have money and casters need lot of resources and/or shinny gears.

Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlantic - Umbra

Straight leveling taming is one heck of a grind honestly.. but you can do it that way. When I first started I did nothing but tame every time I was in game until I was able to control 2 drakes, somewhere in the 80's range if I remember correctly. I started using them to make gold and only worked taming half the time.

When it comes to gear.. you can pick up a VERY basic 100% lrc suit for cheap these days. Heck, if you play on Atlantic find one of my Kinslayer characters at WBB and I will give you a basic one. I still have a lot of old legendary tailor armor per-imbue years just sitting in chests for that very reason.

• Kayhynn and neohero like this

neohero

neohero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Straight leveling taming is one heck of a grind honestly.. but you can do it that way. When I first started I did nothing but tame every time I was in game until I was able to control 2 drakes, somewhere in the 80's range if I remember correctly. I started using them to make gold and only worked taming half the time.

When it comes to gear.. you can pick up a VERY basic 100% lrc suit for cheap these days. Heck, if you play on Atlantic find one of my Kinslayer characters at WBB and I will give you a basic one. I still have a lot of old legendary tailor armor per-imbue years just sitting in chests for that very reason.

I will play on Atlantic for sure, i just don´t know which city to choose yet, New Haven looks good for newbs . also i will custom my profession for start with taming at 40.

For sure, i will take any help you could give me .   :)

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I'm sure I can help you on Atlantic with an LRC suit and some starting gold to boot and some taming rings once I find them :)

• neohero likes this

neohero

neohero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I'm sure I can help you on Atlantic with an LRC suit and some starting gold to boot and some taming rings once I find them :)

Sounds great !   i will look for you both ingame .  Hope can find easy  :)  :)

Reply to this topic