Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Returning after 10+ years! A few question...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

zombie99x

zombie99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey everyone! I'm coming back to the game  after a 10+ year hiatus. I'm starting to get used to everything again, but there is alot to re-learn.

I have all basic characters, so my mage is just basic mage, warrior is just basic swordmans and I've been getting my ass kicked alot. I have been using my old runebooks to travel around and running into some monsters that I remember killing no problem way back when. 

So my big question is, should I make a new character with the other combat or magic skills?? I've been seeing people talk about Bushido and Chivalry, along with Necro with builds for Sampire and Whammy.

Should I go this route? start a new character or will basic swords do? I don't have the 3 newest expansions yet, Stygian Abyss, High Seas and Time of Legends. I'm waiting to see if I can stick with the game to but them. 

If I start a Sampire, will I need those expansions?? do any of them put the skill cap past 720?

Also, I have a Holy Sword, undead slayer, but will that make undead do double damage to me to?

Thanks for any advice!

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Swordsman is fine, but consider adding chivalry and bushido.  I've no experience of Sampire, so I can't advise on that.

Some of the old dungeons were re-vamped and the creatures in them are rather harder than they used to be.

Holy sword does double damage on undead, it won't make them do double damage on you, but it's awful slow, so they can probably hit you more often, doing more damage that way.

Skill cap is still 720, but you can use skill jewellery to take you over cap, many skills can now go to 120 with the addition of a powerscroll.

Posted Image

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

Welcome back!  What shard do you play?  Also what type of equipment do your characters have?  Did you reactivate your old account and are you using equipment that you used 10 years ago?

zombie99x

zombie99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks guys, 

I'm on the Chesapeake shard, thats where I have all my characters. Sadly yes, I have all the same equipment and items I did ten years ago, I have noticed when I pick up items now it says I need the expansion, which I'm still waiting on for now.

A big problem is finding vendors now, all the houses I remember are long gone, so much empty space in the world now, I can actually put my house right next to some towns.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

You can use the vendor search tool, but that may not be as useful to you right now unles you know what you're looking for.

I would try going to Luna and checking out vendors there first, then Makato (around the city there are vendors like in Luna).

Welcome back to the game.