Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

another returning player need help with template

3 replies to this topic

ryacual

ryacual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

as im waiting for ea to send me my gametime code for already 8 hours i was considering starting a new character.  Is this template viable for pvm.  I'm not concerned about min maxing i just want to know if its survivable.

120 bushido

120 parry

120 combat skill(havent determined which yet)

120 tactics

095 Chivalry

080 meditation

045 anatomy

im not sure what stat cap is now but probably str 100 dex 80 int 45?

I was thinking of going elf for bonus mana and night sight. close wounds for healing along with life leech weapon and bushido honor/perfection.  I can use one handed weapon to have free hand for heal pots as well.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

No point in anatomy if you're gonna have it at 45 - no bonus from it.  You'd probably be better of with Focus instead of meditation and max that out.  After that, I'm not sure. It's been a while for me.

Sarak

Sarak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

you might wanna consider dex higher and now with the new armor types (not sure how long youve been gone) armor has a significant role in determining the right amount of dex/str/intel now, imo, if you are using the bushido/chiv you need to make sure you get the bard masteries book with the level three primers for the combat you pick/chiv/bushido. you can only use one at a time, but i hear players that use holy fist, which is a special with the chiv primer it is quite effective. also you don't need to eat the first to level primers if you can acquire the level threes.

• Kayhynn likes this

Arkhan

Arkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

as im waiting for ea to send me my gametime code for already 8 hours i was considering starting a new character.  Is this template viable for pvm.  I'm not concerned about min maxing i just want to know if its survivable.

120 bushido

120 parry

120 combat skill(havent determined which yet)

120 tactics

095 Chivalry

080 meditation

045 anatomy

im not sure what stat cap is now but probably str 100 dex 80 int 45?

I was thinking of going elf for bonus mana and night sight. close wounds for healing along with life leech weapon and bushido honor/perfection.  I can use one handed weapon to have free hand for heal pots as well.

I don't think meditation is going to be a fun time.   You can't meditate in warrior-y armor unless you want to wear leather and stuff.   Armor type determines stamina loss now IIRC.

You need stamina for swing speed.   I would switch this to focus.    

Also, the skill cap in the game was raised to 720.   You have 20 extra points to wiggle around with!   

You could look into the Sampire template, because you're almost there already.

Anatomy could be worth taking to 100.  It gives you 55% damage increase at 100 skill, in addition to the 300% damage increase cap from gear + abilities.

You could just go 120 Swords, tactics, bushido, parry, chivalry, resisting spells, and run around beating things up.    You'll be relying on close wounds, bushido abilities, and your weapon for healing.    

This would work pretty good.   But, you'd be missing out on the Sampire's built in life leech ability, poison resistance, and mana regeneration.

http://www.uoguide.c...ampiric_Embrace   It's pretty intense.

I recently fiddled with my Sampire template.  I dropped Parry down to 60 and took Chivalry back up to 100 instead of the other way around.   I am trying to see if this is a good idea or not.  Parrying less means you don't get to partake of the Bushido stuff as much, but you get Chivalry perks.

Either way, you definitely want to be an elf for the mana and increased Energy resist.

Reply to this topic