Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Problem with starting UO Enhanced Client

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cizen

Cizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello

First: My English is not very good... but i try to write so good as possible... i hope everybody will understand me :)

So, i have install in the first time de UO Classic Client on my Notebook from my employer. Everything works fine and i could start Ultima Online successfully. After then, i wanted to install the Enhanced Client. The Installation works fine... All Patches were installed and then, when i click on "Start"... nothing happens... So, i deactivated the Antivirus but it still doesn't work... After that, i installed my Notebook completely New with the employer settings, without any programs... just Windows 7 and all Drivers and thats it... but it still doesn't start this damn UOSA.exe... why not? Have anyone an idea?? i see in the Taskmanager, that the service uosa.exe have been started... but i don't see nothing on my display... The Windows Firewall is deactivated... so, i don't know what else i can do...

Thanks for your Help!

by the way: it's an Elitebook 850 G1 Notebook... and Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Did you right click on the .exe file and try "Run as admin?"

Cizen

Cizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, but i signed up with my Network-Admin Account. So i have full rights on the computer...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Did you install the latest version of DirectX 9?  It's not installed by default w/Win7 (or 8, 8.1 or 10...) and is needed to run the EC.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

Cizen

Cizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh my god... I'm gonna die... I have to run it with the local administrator.... xD it works now... Thank you for help!!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

• Kayhynn likes this

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Told you :P