A beta test of Minecraft: Pocket Edition is available for download for Android devices. This one is extra-special because it includes a feature that a lot of you are excited about – Redstone Circuits!
Though we’re very happy to give Google Play Store users opportunity to test this update, it’s worth mentioning that all of these features are coming to Minecraft: Pocket Edition and the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition beta in the near future.
Here’s a quick explanation of how to join and leave the test group. We strongly recommend you make backups of your existing worlds first.
You’ll need three things to join the test:
- An Android device that can run Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition Android purchased from Google Play Store.
- To opt in to the Minecraft Pocket Edition Beta
The app will be automatically downloaded and installed on your device once you’ve joined the test. It can take a few days to appear so please be patient.
All future updates to the beta will be posted on our small blog.
In this update we are implementing just the first group of Redstone blocks, it does not include Pistons, Repeaters and other advanced blocks. Please don’t be mad!
Here’s the full changelog.
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails!
- Cute fluffy crop-eating bunnies!
- New wooden doors!
- Stonecutter (RIP)
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails!
- Faster boats with a different handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time (Windows 10 Edition)
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match PC
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
Some Bug Fixes
- Mobs don’t suffocate in carpets anymore
- Fixed at least as many bugs as we introduced!
View the full article