Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

House Resizing Question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi All

I have built a 2 story 13x13 house but I would like to go bigger.  There is extra room around my house to do this but my question is what happens to all my stuff as I do no think emptying my house is an option.  Will some items like forges just redeed?  If I resize my house, items fall to the ground but can I place my new house anyway and then move it into a moving crate, will the new house move everything out of the way?  Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

re-sizing counts as a demolish - everything will pile up under the house sign and anyone passing can help themselves. If at all possible consider using pack animals to empty the house as much as possible - though park them a short distance away when you actually drop the house. There is some info about re-sizing here http://uo.com/wiki/u...hip-3-resizing/

Posted Image

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thanks for the quick response!  Do you know if I resize, can I place a house over my stuff and it will it out?  I could empty it of the most important stuff, colored ore, special wood some imbueing ingrediants.  I am also concered about losing my forge, anvil and soulforge if they do not redeed...  very nervous

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Redeed everything. Anything not placed in your bank on characters or in pack mules will go under the house sign when you demolish and you have to manually pick it all up and put it back. Doing that takes time and you may lose items from looters or decay.

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I thought I read somewhere I can take an axe to a forge to redeed it, is that true?  Again, thanks for the help so far

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Yes, redeed things by hitting them with an axe.

Here's the relevant page for that: http://uo.com/wiki/u...-house-add-ons/

Posted Image

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Awesome, will check it out, thanks for your help

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Quick Move Update - I ran out of room during the move in all my banks and left some items out in the open, no one came by though.  I learned pack animals do not log out with any items on them.  You cannot recall without a bonded pack animal perhaps...  Thanks goodness for gate spells.  Redeeding the forges worked perfectly.  I am now the proud owner of an 18 x 18 3 story house with a lot of room!!  

Thanks for your help!!   

Forgot, it appears banks do not have a weight limit anymore...  Just item limits

• kitiara likes this

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Maybe I should have included this link? http://uo.com/wiki/u...o-pack-animals/

Posted Image

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members