Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

120 Taming awaits...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
New Mastery, Combat Training can be used from 90 to 120 Animal Taming. It's slow...really slow, but much less tedious than going and taming thousands of animals, especially if you have done it multiple times. Went from 113-117 in about 3hrs.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Interesting.

Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
I finished 2 tamers so far using this. The tamer in the OP started at 113 and went to 120 on a Nightmare with 88.3 barding difficulty. The second was at 90 off a mythic token and went to 110 using a random tamed Gamon. From this, my initial theory is that the type/difficulty of animal doesn't matter, nor does taming level as long as it is in the 90+ range for the mastery. I started with a Unicorn, but if it aggros something outside your house, it will teleport to them to kill it and just stand outside, making this impossible in a heavy spawn area with Unicorns. So I went and got a Gaman and it worked fine afterwards. Both characters were at 120 Lore, so I am uncertain if that helped or hurt or made no difference in this method.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

So can you explain how the Mastery works to raise taming?  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by using it.

Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Sure. Once you learn the Taming Mastery Primer 1, you get a few abilities. One of them is called Combat Training. It is a toggle that you can use on an active pet to boost their combat abilities. This toggle can be turned on and off, exactly like the bard masteries. When you activate it, you target your pet and it's on, then just use it again to turn it off. This method is just turning the toggle on and off over and over. It takes 40 mana to turn on, LMC works on it. It doesn't use any regs or anything so I load up on LMC and MR and just set a macro to turn on/off Combat Training on my active pet.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

That sounds really interesting.  Gonna have to try that now on my 3 or 4 tamers LOL

bradpolian

bradpolian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Any one ever macro this feature with Razor?  Just curious

Tirfup11

Tirfup11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Wow i really need to get the expansion , you can get these new primers or masterys without it right? i have tamer thats been stuck at 94 for AGES

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Any one ever macro this feature with Razor?  Just curious

Nobody that hasn't wanted to get perma-banned....

Not going to pretend the program doesn't exist.  Would appreciate it if you followed site rules and not mention it again.  Thanks.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

I don't think you need any illegal tricks - just create a macro in the EC to toggle that a few times. Include delays, so your mana can replenish (mith a lot of LMC and MR). Then set the macro to repeat 10 times. Now you should have a macro that runs for minutes or even longer. Nice to watch tv on the side and just hit a button every once in a while.

Pro Tipp: go and edit your user file for that char and copy the lines in question several times (way faster than doing it ingame). I created training macros this way that ran for 45 min - one half of a football game ;-)

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm