Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Poison Mastery Question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Arthen

Arthen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi everyone!

I am rather new to Ultima Online (played way back in the day) and I have a couple questions regarding Poison Mastery:

1) Is there much benefit to using injecting strike alongside infectious strike? My thinking is I'd use infectious strike to get the lethal level poison active from the bump from the skill, then use infecting strike to apply the poison debuff, is this worth it though? 

2) Is it better to just use injecting strike with a weapon that normally can't poison enemies as the poison debuff is long enough, and sufficient enough, that the lack of being able to bump the poison isn't noticeable?

I'm trying to figure out if it's better for me to just combo infectious strike with injecting strike, or am I better off just with injecting strike being combo'd with other weapon abilities normally not possible with the standard infectious weapons?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this! One thing I find extremely frustrating about this game is the lack of transparency on the math within the game. It isn't new-player friendly in the least.

Arthen

Arthen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Anyone?

Ray

Ray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
After reading over the Poison Mastery abilities, I would say using Injecting Strike on a weapon that doesn't normally get it would be what I would try to abuse. I would also try to combo it with other things to drop poison resist, like Corpse Skin, and either just use a 100% poison weapon or use Consecrate Weapon. I would also be more interested to know if this worked with Bows too. Poisoning really isn't my forte, so take my advice with a grain of salt :)

Arthen

Arthen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

From what I have seen, you get huge poison-ticks by putting lethal poison and then the debuff; since the injecting strike's poison won't override the stronger, lethal poison, you basically paying 30 mana to apply a few seconds of a poison debuff--I'm curious if that's worth it though. I figured it might be better to poison with just deadly, get the debuff, and then use other special abilities that give me more bang for my buck in damage vs. debuffing poison resist.

EmeraldKnight

EmeraldKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Arthen, im also a returning vet, what server are you on? Wouldnt mind leinking up with some peeps to get abck into the game.

Arthen

Arthen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I'm on Atlantic :)