Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PVP Warrior

- - - - - pvp warrior

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I want to turn my warrior into a solid pvp char

so i can take down some of those yew gate dwellers :D

right now my template is

chivalry 80
focus 105
healing 80
resist 72
parry 68
swords 102
tactics 102
anatomy 102

I plan on dropping focus and maxxing out heal/resist/parry

but can anyone give me any pointers?
my equipment stinks btw, just using soul seeker/heart of lion/ember legs

:(

Arjuna

Arjuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I'd say no need to make drastic changes all at once.

Bump heal up to 90 (because at 90 is where you stop failing to heal regular damage).

You can bump magic resist to 90 or 100 if you want, or carry an anti-paralysis crate and go with what you have.

Work your swords up to at least 110.

Get yourself as close to all 60+ suit resists as you can, and get some HCI and DCI and Di (primer of arms is nice for the 20% damage increase).

Make sure you have over 100 hit points, and make sure you have at least 120 dexterity so that your bandages don't take too long.

Then just practice. You've got a pretty good start.

Oh yeah, if you plan to supplement your heals/cures with chivalry, make sure to have at least 3 fast cast.

p.s. I think if you're going to have parry you should have at least 85 parry, too, since less than that you miss your blocks too much. If I remember correctly, around 85 parry is 25% block chance.
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Anatomy also has minimal benefits past GM, Tactics also unless your trying to squeeze out an extra 2-4 damage.

Chiv can be lowered (65-70 range) due to no need of Enemy of One, unless you plan on using Holy Light, then it would need to be higher (no fails at 105) and 4/6 casting is necessary.

Parry and Resist do better at GM+, I wouldn't suggest anything lower.

I'd go with...

90 Healing
115 Swords
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
110 Parry
115 Resist
70 Chiv

100 Str (If possible, stat scroll needed, if not then 90)
125 Dex (with +dex jewels/armor to attempt to get to 140+)
15-40 Int (whatever is leftover if stat scroll is eaten, but 15 min for divine fury, and assuming your going to get/already have Stormgrips)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Masamune

Masamune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
This is what I'd shoot for.

120 Swords
100 anatomy
100 healing
120 parry
100 resist
100 tactics
80 Chiv

I always try to get 120 in whatever weapon skill I'm using. It determines both your chance to hit and be hit so weapon skill is most important.

Like Dip said I'd try to get 100 str, 125 dex and 30 mana base. This would require a 25 stat scroll but they usually aren't too expensive. If you can't afford a 25 stat right away get a 15 or 20 and drop mana base accordingly.

You want to attempt to get 140 dex with suit so you can heal with bandages quickly. This can be done a number of ways. There are some fairly cheap artifacts that give 8 dex. For instance the gloves of pugilist give 8 dex and some damage increase and the dread pirates hat gives 8 dex, 10 dci and 10 points in a random skill. You'll probably want to combine either of these pieces with a ring or brace with 7 dex and some hci, lmc, stat increase, dci, di or whatever pvp mod you're looking for (those are my favs for warrior). On the other piece of jewelry I'd try to get as much hci and dci as possible.

On the rest of the suit I'd try to get good resists with lmc, mr and mana increase. This way you could do many special moves and have mana to cast chiv spells.

Finally, a warrior is only as good as his weapon. In your case I'd shoot for a HAWT katana. You'll want something with high hit spell (lightning, harm, fireball), some hit lower defense, swing speed increase and damage increase. That way you can just chase people down with Armor Ignores. It's a very easy template to play and can be fairly powerful.
  • Unsupportable likes this
:5brokenheart: I break hearts

Daithi

Daithi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Great sugestions guys, I have a smiliar setup and I was wondering the same thing.

My followup question is Resist versus bushido, philosophically I like shield and sword better than just a sword, but in a PVP battle against all comers (especially those nasty necros that always seem to kill me) what would I get more benefit from 100 bush or 100 resist (or 110 in each) specifically in pvp?

Arjuna

Arjuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
That's actually something I'm intimately familiar with.

My main warrior is:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Parry
120 Magic Resist
115 Anat
110 Heal
40 Necro
(12 of parry is arms of battle excellence, 13 of parry is bracelet)

My Second favorite warrior is:
120 Mace
120 Parry
120 Bushido
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Heal
40 Necromancy

In PVM my samurai is probably 3 times tougher than my magic resist warrior.

In PVP my resist warrior is better against mages and in all around situations but much weaker against warriors.

Both are viable, so it's probably a matter of taste.

But in my humble opinion 119.9 or less magic resist isn't so hot in pvp, while 120 is great. But 110 bushido or 115 bushido is very nice and is MUCH cheaper than a +20 resist scroll.

Up to you.
Posted Image

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Here is my template and Unsupportable can vouch for my PvP with it.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 parry
120 resist
120 anatomy
110 healing
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Masamune

Masamune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Gotta love the old school templates. Though I hate playing a dexxer without chivalry. :(

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Gotta love the old school templates. Though I hate playing a dexxer without chivalry. :(

I've never really felt the need for it. I may add it though, just for cleanse by fire and close wounds.
Posted Image

Masamune

Masamune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I like it more for divine fury. Having to drink thousands for total refresh pots never appealed to me. :)

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about Divine fury!
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
120 fence
120 ninjitsu
120 resist
120 parry
105 chiv
85 poison
50 focus

80 dex
110+ str
rest to int

6/4 chiv healing, spam holy light, deadly poison, deathstrike. High MR gear, an uber kryss/warfork, an uber HCI/DCI FC 1 shield, 3/1 HCI/DCI jewelry, and you're set. Best hybrid warrior template out there, and it's been that way for a few months. Only reason people don't run it is that they either can't find good enough items or can't afford to.

You may also trade out the focus for tactics for increased damage, and stronger armor ignores. Also, being human helps a lot with damage. Awesome field template, and you are also able to PvM quite well too :)

Daithi

Daithi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Hey thanks for all the posts guys. Given me a lot to think about. I know I cannot afford 120 anything, so I might swap resist for bush and see how it works on Test Center.

Thanks!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Is there a big difference from 100 parry to 120 parry?
Posted Image

Arjuna

Arjuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Parry does get decent at 100 skill, so if you're tight on points, 100 is reasonable.

But I'm more comfortable with at least 110. Can I back it with more survivability? Probably not scientifically, but I like 110+ parry.

Melee skill ahead of parry, though, is higher priority.

And if you're a samurai, bushido ahead of parry is higher priority.
Posted Image

Sorren

Sorren

Feel my PIMP HAND!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
If i where you i would have
100+ swards or maceing
100+resist
100+parry
gm ninjitsu
gm chiv
gm posioning
and then the remander of your skill points as you see fit. with poisoning you can use darkglow and dp dose wonnders and chiv is the way i would go with for healing. but thats me or you could use solestones to try dirffent styles out and use the one you feel best with

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Necro Swords for the win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, warrior