Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How do YOU collection gold ingame?

- - - - - collection gold ingame

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

shiro

shiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
legandary peacer, so a few vendors, onis, marked runebooks sell well and a few 1k luck 100% lrc suits sell FAST also

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
When I am in a gold collecting mood, I usually sit in the Trog cave. I know they dont give alot of gold, but with a soulseeker, Eo1, they drop really quick, and you can get atleast 200k or so an hour. I go there because of the woodland armor they drop. I am in the process of trying to build a 40+ hp regen suit, and have gotten some REALLY nice pieces there. I got a gorget last month that is 4hp+ 4hpregen 8 25 17 6 18, I believe its better than the voice of the fallen king. I can easily make a couple mil a day if I stay down there a while, and I usually find a decent dismounting heavy xbow or 2 as well, meaning they come to me as like 20 or 25 ssi, enhanced to over 30.

It is very trivial and boring, but the stuff I have gotten out of there is nice and pays off well.

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
The citadel you can make alot of gold
We go as a guild sometimes and with about 6 people we make about 60k per person in a little over an hour

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Champ Spawns and Swoop.
Champ Spawns I normally die 0-3 times not usually anymore.
Usually get 40k at the end of them and sometimes a good powerscroll or two.

It was weird last night I dreamed I got a 120 Magery scroll on my Nox Mage.....and I haven't logged into UO in the past week or so(been playing Fable:The Lost Chapters)
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

"It was weird last night I dreamed I got a 120 Magery scroll on my Nox Mage.....and I haven't logged into UO in the past week or so(been playing Fable:The Lost Chapters)"

I have had dreams like that myself, but instead I take murder counts and get the message that 3k has been deposited in my bank. Champ Spawns are good for gold and scrolls, but I would rather raid it when its about 80% percent done. Most the time they run away without fighting. Inscription and power scroll venders supply alot of my gold, but if all else fails there is always Demon Spawns.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Well we don't run =Þ
We have had to learn not to run, we fight even when its 10 vs 3.

I have had many many dreams about UO. But not usually when I am on a break from UO. Thats why this one was so odd.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Nicholi Ravnthorn

Nicholi Ravnthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Personally I do not care about gold IG, I play the game in a RP enviourment just to have fun, if we go ona hunt and make 15k or so...who cares, I just leave it to the Guild, Right now I am living with maybe 5-6k on a char at a time and perfectly happy. Though, I guess it is just how you want to play ...:grin:

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Wow, Alot of good ways of collecting money ingame. Im sure going to be trying a few out, Cheers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

Personally I do not care about gold IG, I play the game in a RP enviourment just to have fun, if we go ona hunt and make 15k or so...who cares, I just leave it to the Guild, Right now I am living with maybe 5-6k on a char at a time and perfectly happy. Though, I guess it is just how you want to play ...:grin:

I've been at that gold level many times in the past, and probably will be many more. I have developed a taste for expensive pretties over the years, so every time I get any money to speak of, I go shopping. House is getting pretty full though, so I shall have to cull some items if I continue buying things! :laugh:

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

LordCorwyn

LordCorwyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I spend a lot of time at the swoops. Pretty good gold in it. The occasional arty doesn't hurt either. Other than that, I'll go out and fish up a treasure or maybe go wandering.

I'd love to say my crafter makes my money for me, but... hehe

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
swoops; deamons and selling cheap items on vendors

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
My full kegs vendor at Hemi's shop.
once or twice a year when I get really poor hubby buys me some gold (yes I admit it!) without telling me and I get a nice suprise.

The last time he did it it was around thanksgiveing i think and he told me a freind of his from wow played uo and he thought i'd like her would I meet her wtc she's at the bank.... I said sure ofcourse hunny... turns out it was a broker with a bag of gold and a sweet message from hubby. :P

other than that if I get really low I sell off something.

I don't spend much, but when I do it goes to deco as that and RP are why I'm still here.

other than that it gets loaned out.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
First time I went to swoop area, it was actually civil (taking turns) and I netted about 60k and a wildfire bow in 30 mins. (Eventually I was by myself, SOMEHOW)

Normally I simply hunt lesser hiryus with my Archer and his lucksuit. 4-5 hit kills and I can net about 50k in a normal hour, by normal I mean with a regular supply of birdies to shoot. Not after the gold primarily, I'm after uber items to enhance and use.

Last time I was there I thought I hunted them extinct. They stopped spawning, entirely! Turns out it was a bug I stumbled upon. Apparently running around like a maniac makes lesser hiryus shy...

Recently been hunting Dragons with my Mage, often its too crowded to make real ching... But every now and then it proves very profitable.
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

CatHat

CatHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ettins - Orc Lords - Ogre Lords and Ratmen Paragons are good to roll for some spending coin when I need to buy something.

My main character tends to live pretty spartan and out in the wild a lot of the time.

CatHat

Posted Image
Dave "CatHat" Brown

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Ettins - Orc Lords - Ogre Lords and Ratmen Paragons are good to roll for some spending coin when I need to buy something.

My main character tends to live pretty spartan and out in the wild a lot of the time.

CatHat

lol, I made sort of an RP/Fun char where he lives outdoors and hunts/gathers only. He has no need for gold...:grin:
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Ettins are my absolute favorite target for hunting. I am guilty of running around Haven murdering them as often as possible. Then while they respawn I slaughter whatever lizardmen I can find and cut up the leather for my crafter. I have to say though, I am nice about it. If a 'new' character comes along, I figure they have first rights to the zones in Haven, so I only work it when no one else is hunting them.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I mostly farm Blood Eles with my tamer...or do swoop but like others have said its only fun when you can get them by yourself.
Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
In my noob days (still am really) my first year or two that is I just killed earth elementals in dispise. 200 to 300 or so each and it trained my warrior as well! :P

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collection, gold, ingame