Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How do YOU collection gold ingame?

- - - - - collection gold ingame

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
So, How do some of you collect gold ingame? Im interested in seeing what others do and how affective it is.

For me I like to grow plants and sell them on a vendor, Not a ton of income but I don't buy much anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Mapper I don't have gold. I try to hunt Dragons or swoops when its empty. But I die more so I lose insurance then really make gold. Besides I have two craftes that are to supply all characters with weapons and armor and anything else needed.:)

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I hear those swoops give a wadge of loot, Should really check them out sometime.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
I sell stuff...usually things I find at an IDOC. I used to sell kegs..but sales fell with that over a year ago for me.

If I get it from hunting, it's when Im on a guild hunt, because I don't hunt alone very much.

Mostly just selling goodies

Posted Image
Posted Image

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Swoops are only fun if you get them by yourself.
When I am really hard up for gold I will do the fletching quest till I get a runic to sell.
Right now I am saving up for a armor of fortune (really would like two but that's a dream)
Basically I used to farm blood eles for gold/tmaps/items.
I also made enough gold for my first villa killing elder gazers (back when they gave a whole buncha gold).
Don't underestimate the buying power of a day of pure hunting.

Lately I am into buy low sell high though *blushes*

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I do town and dungeon chests.. 50k per circuit... plus I get some nice items once in a while.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
All depends on what I plan on doing for the day. Vendor stuff (recalls/PoT/BoS/armor), Peerless, lvl 6 T-Maps, Heartwood Quests (bowyer & carpentry), or the Miasma/Swoop/Sabrix & Lissith spawns. Other stuff pops up too from time to time, like training a pet on decent loot critters (dragons/blood eles). OOOhhh, what I did enjoy for a time was when the Treasures of Tokuno came out, everyone was EVing in those spots, but not collecting the gold, so I did.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

OOOhhh, what I did enjoy for a time was when the Treasures of Tokuno came out, everyone was EVing in those spots, but not collecting the gold, so I did.

Despise Ogre Lords are good for that too.. people go down there for fast Fame gains and leave the loot behind. It's profitable to be a scavenger once in a while. :)

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I did make a buncha money when ML first came out.
It's always great when you are getting stuff other people haven't seen yet. They offer you their first borns.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I never realy try to make gold anymore. I always used to want gold, my main character is aways semi naked (aonly wears leggings). He had an alchys bauble and a nice 20% lrc ring, then a 18% hat and trousers. I finally got lucky when i recently returned to UO, toki arties were nearly 2 mill each and i had quite a few of them. I sold a couple, got some stitchers mittens and a pendant of the magi so im no 100 lrc and still near enough nekid. Suddenly i feel like i have no goals on production shards anymore. My hunters like my pallynecro, and arcanist tamer just wear GM armour.

I never want anything heh. Ive not hunted or even tried to make gold in a long time now heh. I think i just used to tame things for gold. Dont even do that anymore.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
cookie jar funding comes from
1. over 100 vendors that i maintain (99% of the time)
2. folks who like to swear and slip when around me pay the jar
3. my ever loving hubby (pops) who realizes I like to shop

:)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Anne Nomilly

Anne Nomilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Lissith and Sabrix have become my latest addiction. Unless there are a lot of people running in the swamp, a friend and I can make a pretty decent living there. Unless we are collecting the keys for Dread, we usually drop the eye and silk on the ground for others who are. Only becomes a problem when Spite decides to spawn right on top of me or someone runs across the water and out comes Virulent to play too! :grin:

Posted Image

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I usually hunt at least 10k per day. I try to never fall below 100k in my bank box for insurance reasons. On the other side of things I am constantly dealing in rares... I try to not let it consume me, though. I spent a few months about a year ago where all I did was sell large towers and run the Gauntlet. I think I peaked at about 140 million gold but everything else had been put on hold character wise and I wasn't enjoying the game. Anymore, I still enjoy dealing in rares..but I keep it to a side hobby. I'm secure with a few hundred thousand in my bank and happy with about a million. *shrugs*

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
The dojo's empty now so we just spend an hour here and there doing succis. We also have one vendor. We used to put everything ML in it when it came out, but now we jsut put whatever we think other people might want in there.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
~Disclaimer~ I tried posting this once and got the message that the server was down for maint. If it double posts I'm sorry....

I really enjoy hunting Solens. not sure why, they are just fun. The loot's not bad either. About 300 gold each and gems on the warriors. I used to have a vendor selling Powder of translocation 10 for 4000, and couldn't keep him stocked. Made millions selling powder.

Trogs are prety good too.

I really just hunt for fun. The gold is just a good bonus.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I can pull in about 40k in 15-20 minutes killing Ice Fiends.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

2. folks who like to swear and slip when around me pay the jar

Hehe.. what's the fine these days.. I know I've contributed a couple times in the past.. especially during those seasonal festival planning sessions. :grin:

johnny-california

johnny-california

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Real-Estate And Dungeons... Looking To Invest In Some Vendors For My Malas Home

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

So, How do some of you collect gold ingame? Im interested in seeing what others do and how affective it is.

For me I like to grow plants and sell them on a vendor, Not a ton of income but I don't buy much anymore.

Until a just a few months ago, I had one vendor spot at a friends house inside Luna. I sold my full runebooks of Trammel Towns, Dungeons, Unusual Places, Romantic Spots, and Trammel and Felucca Rooftop tours. I also sold full LRC suits from pieces my sister would scavenge. I made lots.

Nowadays, I spend what little time I can get on fighting for my guild, so between deaths and insurance costs at peerless and champ spawns, I am in the poor house. Fortunately, my sister still gets on to keep me in shoes. She farms gold as she trains those last points on her top pets, mostly fighting dragons at Destard, Onis in Tokono, and the Ancient Wyrm or Balrons. If not for what she brings in there, we would be serving brunch as tavern girls in rogue palaces throughout Britannia.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I grow plants for sale as well. I also craft and do BODs and hunt in lessor dungeons or hunt orc and ettins. I suppose the income mostly comes from the BODs. I am not gold flush though by any means, :laugh: I spend it as fast as I get it! House is always full up, I need to get rid of some seed, but it's so HARD to just throw it away without finding out what kind it is!!! :laugh:

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collection, gold, ingame