Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old Vet - Shard Question

- - - - - shard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi everyone,

I have decided to give the two week trial a shot to see how things are in the world of UO. I was wondering what a good shard to play on is mainly for population and pvp (pvp being secondary). I live in Alberta so a time zone in that area (mountain) would probably be best for ping etc.. although I might be willing to make a sacrifice if the quality of the server is significant in comparison. I played on great lakes and catskills back in the day but have moved to the west coast since.

Thanks for the help,

Crimson

CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ive decided to go with Pacific. Any guilds out there looking for members? I recognize GoL and am wondering if it is the same group from Catskills?

Cheers,

Crimson

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

Not sure if the Guradians of Light are the same guild from Catskills, but back in the day they used to be the largest guild on Pacific.  I suggest trying to catch up with Robin of Moxy from the Rangers of Skara Brae.  They are a part of my alliance and he'll help you settled in.  RSB also has a larger focus on the pvp aspect of the game.

CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks buddy! Hey another quick question? Is this game buggy? First hour in and I had problems with my backpack hot key and a rune for the dark knight quest isnt working...

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

Thanks buddy! Hey another quick question? Is this game buggy? First hour in and I had problems with my backpack hot key and a rune for the dark knight quest isnt working...

Buggy?  Nah... just has it's fair share of developer induced quirkiness...  ok, yes - various things are, while not quite broken, certainly not operating 100% properly.  To be fair, the game is closing in on 18 years, and has had more hands in its guts than an extra on the set of MASH.  It's a lot better than it used to be, but you will occasionally find things to be not up to par.  There's almost always a workaround.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

Which client are you using?  Classic or enhanced?  I think the dark knight quest can only be done with the enhanced client.

CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Fair enough I guess the game has had a good run for sure! A lot has changed yet it feels quite familiar. I am using enhanced and apparently I heard it is an unfixed bug :( I failed to teleport into the room to challenge him on my first attempt and the rune went dark and says I need to wait. From what I read there is no work around unless that info was outdated. Basically you have to create a new char and hope you get lucky. Not the worst thing in the world for sure. Everything else seems to be running well :)

sablestorm

sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts

I still use classic myself.  17 years and it fits like an old glove.  What character name do you go by?

• Kayhynn likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shard