Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

healing or parrying

4 replies to this topic

jj85624

jj85624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

So I went back to looked at my old warrior template, after long hours of reading different forums, I decided to make him into a sampire.

I am pretty sure I want to take the following skills.

weapon skill
anatomy
tactic
bushido
necro
parrying
chiva

So my question is, I also want healing for my character, I know chiva can heal too, but using bantage to heal myself while running or fighting is just better, in my opinion. I have seen a lot of templates out there for sampire does not have healing. I don't understand why, can someone care to explain to me?
Should I drop maybe parrying for healing???

thanks again guys! good to be back!

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

I dont know much about Sampires but I do know that healing at 120 skill is a real life saver/game changer at times. Pure warrior template [which may be old hat these days] maxxed out looks like:

120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Parrying
120 Resist
120 Swords
120 Tactics

Some add in focus:

120 Swordmanship
110 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Focus
100 Healing
110 Resist spell
100 Parry

In answer to bandages vs chivalry MY opinion is that I preferred bandages to chiv healing. Thats a personal preference as I found Chiv healing a pain in the backside

Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

You do not need healing, if you find yoruself where you need bandies you doing it wrong... between chiv heals, life leach and confidence, you will be fine. 

Also with the initial template you posted, you should be aware (depending on the fight) you can easily stone resist for anat for some thing

mjhundem

mjhundem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If you intend on taking the sampire route, then you should not need healing and should stick with the initial template you posted. Consider this:

Swords 100 (120 with Capt Johns Hat)

Tactics  120

Bushido 100

Necro    100

Chivalry  80

Resist     120

Then with last 100 points, swtich between Parrying and Anat freely if you have a soul stone or fragments. 

Some people would say not to have resist on there, but if you're doing PVM then it's probably a better skill to have than Anat.  You will be doing your healing through life leech and using confidence, maybe using close wounds on occasion if you're in a pinch and have fast enough casting & cast recovery.  Make yourself an elf for mana bonus.   There is a good Sampire thread on this board which really goes into depth of some of the finer details.  I suggest you give it a look-through.

jj85624

jj85624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

thanks! but doesn't gm Anatomy gives you 55% damage bonus??? 

Reply to this topic