Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Returning player question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

blevyblev

blevyblev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have been gone since '06...if i come back, will my characters still be on my account?  I know the home i had will be looooong gone of course.....but what about my characters and the stuff they had on their person?

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

In theory, if it hasn't been hacked and you remember the account details, yes.

That being said, there have been cases where people have returned, their accounts had been hacked or they forgot they deleted everything and everything was gone. But in most cases, your characters are there.

But yes, everything on your characters and in their bank accounts should still be there.

You will need to create an EA Master Account and then link your UO account to it to reactivate.

blevyblev

blevyblev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I already linked my accounts and have the passwords for them.  I just created a 14 day trial account to see if i even want to come back.  Im quite sure ill be homeless

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

YOu will be homeless - at least temporarily.  What server did you/do you play on?

+

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

I've heard it go both ways.  Players with ancient accounts they hadn't played in forever suddenly got their old accounts back intact.  Others have resubscribed to find the accounts wiped.  I can't say why it might happen one way or the other.  I hope it all works out for you.

Oh one other thing, even if your old account is wiped, it will still have the accumulated play time so if you build up your characters again on that account, you'll receive older veteran rewards for each year you hit.  Most of the skills are easier to train these days too.  There are still the difficult ones like barding and taming, however.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

And if you are low on time, but have spare cash, you can buy a Mythic token which will give you 90 points of skill in each of 5 skills of your choice, so that's a nice bonus.

blevyblev

blevyblev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

YOu will be homeless - at least temporarily.  What server did you/do you play on?

+

I played on Chessy.  

Thanks for all the info.  I logged into the free trial account i made, and im not quite sure i can go back to the graphics lol.  I forgot how awful they were compared to other games.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Have you tried the enhanced client?  Personally, I dont' care for it, but others do.

blevyblev

blevyblev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well, everything was there.  I discovered the server population is so low, that my house had decayed, but no-one had built there.  Im not sure if I will stick with it.  I think I have seen maybe four other players in the three or four days since reactivating the account.

Is there a way to download the 3D client?  I think I would rather play that one than the 2D client.

I honestly don't know why they haven't merged some servers to increase population.

At any rate, thanks again for the answers!

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

http://uo.com/Client-Download

You can download the "Enhanced" aka psuedo-3D client there.

blevyblev

blevyblev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ah, I was talking about the actual 3D client they used to have.  I guess they have done away with that one all together.  2.5D it is I guess.  

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

Yup.  They got rid of that a few years back.