Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Issues with UOForums - Cannot find server

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

We have been getting reports that some get "cannot find server" error, which may be a DNS error or may be related to the recent vulnerability.

If you have this issue or any other issue getting the site to load at times. Please post the following.

Country you're in

ISP

Your primary and secondary DNS server

The browser your using

The operating system you're using (windows 7, 8, 8.1, linux flavor, mac, android, IOS, windows phone, etc.)

If possible, give an approximate time it happened.

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

USA

AT&T

205.152.128.23, 205.152.37.23 - will very rarely use the Google Open DNS settings, but they aren't always reliable.

IE 11, FF 28.0x2

Win 7 x64, Custom Slack install (explains the 2 versions of FF)

Latest was 20:45 Thursday 10 April - have had it happen a few times, and it seems to be independent of public or staff forum.

Server response today has been very slow.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Denmark

YouSee

8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (Google Public DNS - which i do generally find quite reliable)

Firefox 28,0

Win 7, 64 bit

Yesterday ~22:30 CEST (found it fine first time today the one time i visited it today / now)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gilmour

Gilmour

Danish Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Haven't had the issue lately, while using my ISP provided DNS servers, will switch back to google DNS now, and see if i can provoke the issue, if so the sinner is found.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guido

Guido

Ultima Franchise Managing Editor and Site Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,005 posts

No issues over the last few days.

Esse Quam Videri
Out on the road today I saw a Black Flag Sticker on a Cadillac...

fs_pc.png

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Just a guess, but maybe it had something to do with the vulnerability or the attacks on some of the internet backbone infrastructure.

But have been tweaking and investigating nonetheless.