Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Is UO Still Worth Starting?

- - - - - starting uo worth

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Ravenmane

Ravenmane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I wasn't implying I'd PvP right away, heavens know. If I've learned everything it takes skill, practice, luck, and gear to help you at PvP. I know I wouldn't do straight away...just eventually. And by casual I meant as in a few hours a day with time for family in between, and not being able to make every dungeon run or raid (?).

-Ravenmane

TyphusReturns

TyphusReturns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
yeah i was gonna say... Ultima Online has been great to me... My dads friends got me playing this game when i was 10... that way 8 years ago ... I have played off and on and i just recently came back and am in love with it once again =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who's Next? is it YOU?!

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I've been playing UO for nearly five years only breaking for holidays, I am online at some time every day.

I don't like UO....I love it.

I have played solo, with groups on hunts that before asked to join them in their hunt had never meet before. At the moment five of my six caracters are guild members, thats great fun going on hunts, treasure hunts and quests together.

There is lots to do and the 'add ons' enhance the spectrum of fun and enjoyment there is in UO

Many different paths to follow you'd be daft not to try it....... if only for a month.
Respect everyone

Ravenmane

Ravenmane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Greetings,

I broke down and did it. I bought a copy of 9th Anniversary UO last night and created my character on the Atlantic shard. Just figured I'd give you a fyi. Thank you for your advice and stuff.

-Ravenmane

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome Back to UO.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Welcome Back

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Welcome Ravenmane. May your travels be companionable, profitable and FUN! :)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Greetings,

I was just wondering if UO would still be worth joining. I only ask because I want to be a part of something that will be around for a long time. I know UO has been around for years now (the first MMO) bu it keeps getting new content and people that I know that play love it like I have seen no fan love their game. So I would just like an honest opinion in response to my question if I should start playing UO. Thank you for your time.

-Ravenmane

It's worth it to play the game for the remainder of the original client. The new game/expansion "Kingdom Reborn" is looming and while the new interface & graphics will undoubtedly provide a brief spurt in subscriptions, I think the game will dwindle out after a while, especially once they actually eliminate the original client.

Who knows, I mean I may be very wrong. It might continue to grow under the new game. A lot of us will leave once the original client is killed but the game might draw in more new people than those who leave. It will be a different game but might take off and do well.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Greetings,

I broke down and did it. I bought a copy of 9th Anniversary UO last night and created my character on the Atlantic shard. Just figured I'd give you a fyi. Thank you for your advice and stuff.

-Ravenmane

Ah, Atlantic. I hope you are strong enough to survive BARTON!

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I highly doubt a lot of people will leave with the new client. I am sure a small handful will leave and squawk very loudly as they do, But the fast overwhelming majority of people I communicate with online and in the real world are looking forward to the upgrade and can't wait for it to get here.

the things that make Ultima Online a great game will still be in the game crafting, housing, etc... they are not throwing out the game and implementing something completely different and calling it Ultima they are just upgrading the graphics and interface. (witch are essentially the same as when I started almost 10 years ago on my 486dx2 computer)

just about everyone I talk to about the graphics upgrade all say the same thing ... "about time.." "wow it looks really good I can't wait.." and so on.

the reason people play Ultima has never been about the graphics it has been about two things 1) content and diversity of game play and 2) the isometric view (3/4 top down) and these are not changing in any way with the new client. A house doesn't change because it gets a new coat of paint its still the same house.

so myself and a lot of others will still be here even after the upgrade. it is a great game and will continue to be a great game.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Jazz

Jazz

The Ravenswood Alliance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Welcome to Britannia. : ) If you now find yourself in a game you need help with, please give me an ICQ, I love to help new players. I have a bit of the teacher in me I think and I find it fun. Also, we have people in the guild who are very, very good at pvp if you are interested in that aspect of game play, and they will be happy to help you go in that direction. As for myself, I enjoy pvp amongst friends, but I'm just not that competitive that I want to hit Fel Yew with the guys, but I'm still not half bad! Again, welcome to Britannia, and I hope you find yourself amongst friends.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
UO has always been more about the players than the game. UO has a rabid fan base...I mean that in a good way. It has been around longer than any other MMO and will continue for quite a while I think. The EA/Mythic merger seems to have really breathed some fresh blood into the dev team.

UO is what we make of it. So come in and get hooked like the rest of us!

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: starting, uo, worth